The closure of Grangemouth oil refinery

eon

DW Regular
Reaction score
The fallout from liebours vote rigging scandal continues, after much posturing from the unions the company controlling the grangemouth oil refinery Ineos have decided to close the said refinery.

How stupid are these unions? Now they have no job pmsl

BBC News - Grangemouth refinery 'to stay shut'

The country looses again.

As i get older i sometimes wonder where common sense has gone.

Politicians and politics , the unions don't they ever learn.

the unions don't they ever learn.

Obviously not, look at the royal mail. A couple of strikes like the one the are planning and watch the share price dive an all time low.It must have been a nightmare for the goverment no wonder they got rid.

All I can say is I don't think it's to do with the strike, there's a hidden agenda here.

Or have I got my conspiracy head on again.??

All I can say is I don't think it's to do with the strike, there's a hidden agenda here.

If you mean Royal Mail, the price will stabilise around the turn of the year, institutional investors will have won while retail investors will have lost. That said, the dividend projection for 2014 forward looks good. Retail investors should generally avoid IPOs.

However, should you mean Grangemouth, then a loss-making business plan is bad!

Whichever you meant, the rich bar-stewards have the ball...

Well thats it grangemouth refinery is gone and the petrochemical plant next to it is due to close as it can not survive without the refinery

I guess this is a massive victory for the Unions and Scotland.................

This will be a massive blow for the local area the knock on effect will be massive.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!!!

Shouldn't have threatened strikes over Falkirk vote rigging saga really because it was nothing to do with their contracts, it was because Ineos was investigating said Falkirk candidate.

Why don't independent accountants go over the books of Ineos and see if they really are losing £10m a month, or if it's a smokescreen for something else.??

Maybe more to do with a certain referendum in the near future ?;)

Welcome back @danforth :)

Why bother with independent accountants? I could put ANY business into administration - wash my hands and walk, simples.

I'm not sure who's to blame here but someone has a bad foot - as in 'shot in'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome back @danforth :)

Why bother with independent accountants? I could put ANY business into administration - wash my hands and walk, simples.

I'm not sure who's to blame here but someone has a bad foot - as in 'shot in'.

Thank you. I've been back a week or so now my DIY mayhem is tapering off.:)
I got the feeling some "freedom of expression" has been dampened in the meantime, so just trying to gauge the edge at moment. :Biggrin2:

On topic, however this situation arose, the eventual outcome will be a test of the Scottish government in a real situation.
Hot air hypothetical solutions won't sort this out, and the memory will carry into the referendum, either way.

Coincidental timing can happen, I'm more inclined towards opportunism, but who will limp in the end ? Not a clue !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back