The closure of Grangemouth oil refinery

the whole thing stinks to me.
this is all about stripping the workforce of their pensions.
can see the plant getting sold to the chinese and the workforce having to work for much poorer conditions.
ineos will get cash from the sale of the plant, reduce their pension liability and the chinese will own more of the world.
soon we will be selling clone dreamboxes to make some cash like shenzen province :(

Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate. The Unite union has f*cked up big time on this. It was quite clear this JR guy was not going to be held to ransom. The union is crawling back tomorrow accepting the original ineos conditions but I wouldn't be surprised if the are told to fook off.
If Mr Salmond wants independence now is the time for him to act and help sort this mess out. If he doesn't then he might as well save his time and money on printing the ballot papers.

the whole thing stinks to me.
this is all about stripping the workforce of their pensions.
can see the plant getting sold to the chinese and the workforce having to work for much poorer conditions.
ineos will get cash from the sale of the plant, reduce their pension liability and the chinese will own more of the world.
soon we will be selling clone dreamboxes to make some cash like shenzen province :(

Lets not forget who started this all off 'Unite Union' and it was nothing to do with the workers contracts. It was because Ineos suspending the Falkirk Union official at the heart of the vote rigging allegations.

Unite threatened to skike so Ineos reinstated said official, but they still wanted to strike D'oh

Ineos shareholders were sick of being bent over a barrel and decided its more hassle than its worth, so the plant was shut.

At the time there was no plans on shutting the facility. In fact investment was being sought to upgrade the plant to compete with the USA who can now produce the chemicals grangemouth produced at half the cost due to new manufacturer techniques. The investment sought was to upgrade the plant.

Now if shareholders wanted some conditions for spending money to upgrade then so be it, everyone has to tighten their belt at the moment.

Main shareholder is the owner of Ineos, the very person who shut the plant.

Good on him for standing up to the unions and calling their bluff

Back