The Best Movie youve ever watched ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha Im sayin fook all ole m8 without the presence of mi Solicitor lol :)

for me any of the starwars movies cant just pick one :lsabre:

login name said:
...saw the brilliant flight of the navigator recently.

Did you mean The Aviator m8?

I enjoyed flight of the navigator as well when it came out ;)

mine is braveheart
my favourite types of films though are ones based on true stories
although if you take into account the american slant on the loosely worded "based on a true story" it would include films like toy story and snow white
:)

I have a few different ones. I tend to go through phases but mainly into comedy, western and mob movies.

Some of my favourites are:
The Godfather (Parts I & II) - Marlon Brando, Al Pacino and Robert De Niro... Both epic movies with 3 of the greatest actors ever. Part I lacks a bit but Part II is fantastic.

Miller's Crossing - I really like the way the Coen brothers did this movie. It had a bit of everything; comedy, suspense, twists, drama and a nice music score.

Once Upon A Time in America - Another epic gangster movie that came out of Sergio Leone turning down the opportunity to direct The Godfather to make. A really good movie that was even better than The Godfather in my eyes.

Scarface - A great Al Pacino movie. I thought it could of been better towards the middle but the beginning and end were fantastic.

Dirty Harry - Clint Eastwood in a roll he's suited for. I loved his acting and the lines he came out with. Still makes me laugh. "Well, let's have it." "Have what?" "Your report." "Well, for the last 45 minutes I've been sitting in your outer office..."

For A Few Dollars More - Another Clint Eastwood movie in which he plays a role he's suited for. I still laugh at some of his lines like when he was counting the bodies at the end to work out how much bounty money he should be making and realised he was short and thought his math was wrong till he heard the bandit come up behind him and shot him.

Unforgiven - A movie Clint directed and starred in. He made a good job out of it after other directors had shunned it.

Almost Famous - A fantastic movie following a band on tour with a journalist. Lots of laughs, good music and drama.

Back to the Future (I, II & III) - I can't help but love these movies. Plenty of action and comedy.

I think its got to be the lord of the rings trilogy, youve gotta admire them for taking on all three at once and using a brilliant cast which suited their roles aswell as an excellent director who was relatively unknown (plus great location and music), the sheer effort alone makes me appreciate the movies.

I gotta agree with the Back to the Future shout - love those films!!!
Shawshank probably does it overall for me.
Few others worth mentioning.........
*Sleepers
*Team America - F*ck Yeah!
*Finding Nemo - Had me crying with laughter!!!
Hundreds of others too.........sh*t I'm all undecided again now!!!

Has anyone seen Layer Cake, one of the best british films i've seen in a long time.

bluesboy said:
For me a good film is one you can keep watching again and again.
Well up on my list is:-
Groundhog day.

there a joke in there somewhere ? rofl

when i was younger it used to be saving private ryan

but now i dont have any one favourite

mine is The Shawshank Redemption........ what a great twist at the end.....

and Morgan Freeman, got to be one of the best about........

After watchin Hostage at the pictures very good movie

But one of the Very Best is Tears of the Sun Bruce Williss if youve not watched that get it very very good film :)

it was on tv the other night first time i had seen it very good film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back