The Beatles

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
A bit of a strange question but here goes,

They were a bit before my time so i don't really remember them .

If Macca had been shot dead instead of Lennon, would he have been more famous?

A bit of a strange question but here goes,

They were a bit before my time so i don't really remember them .

If Macca had been shot dead instead of Lennon, would he have been more famous?

Although John Lennon was clearly very talented, him being shot definately etched his name in history. Same thing happened with Elvis, James Dean and many others. If McCartney had been killed instead then he would of been more famous than Lennon.

I hear what your saying and noticed myself that to become really famous you need to have either done something bad as well as good or have something bad happen to you.

eg

George Best
Alex Higgins
Maradona

etc

They are just as famous for the wrong reasons as for their tallent

Last edited:
JFK is another one. And I read the Catcher in the Rye, and in no way did that make that guy kill John Lennon. One of the worst books I have ever read.

In fact i've often wondered that if these people didn't have their darkside/infamy would they really be that famous at all.

eg

John Mcenroe

Granted he was a good player but when you cosider his record it'd not exactly legendry like Sampras but he's just as a famous.

In fact i've often wondered that if these people didn't have their darkside/infamy would they really be that famous at all.

eg

John Mcenroe

Granted he was a good player but when you cosider his record it'd not exactly legendry like Sampras but he's just as a famous.

Slightly different there. McEnroe was famous because he was a character, and he also moved the game along with regards to pace, shots and stuff.

By being killed your fame is guaranteed imo. I guess its the old adage, that its better to go out in a blaze of glory, rather than fade away.

Slightly different there. McEnroe was famous because he was a character, and he also moved the game along with regards to pace, shots and stuff.

I'll always remember him for "YOU CANNOT BE SEROIUS" rather than any of his tennis skills. :)

I'll always remember him for "YOU CANNOT BE SEROIUS" rather than any of his tennis skills. :)

Agreed thats what he is remembered for, but he was also one of the first to use the newer racket, and his snazzy dress sense was also memorable. I believe he also beat Jimmy Connors in the Wimbledon final one year, which catapulted him to fame.

I much prefer Lennon's solo stuff to McCartney's.

John Lennon was 70 80 percent the Beatles. Paul could only dream of writing songs as good as John.

"The only thing you did was yesterday".. classic lyric.

I like McCartney too, he's just no John Lennon though.

Wish Chapman shot Liz Taylor instead if he had to shoot someone...c**t.

Last edited:
Lennon in his later years was starting to go a little strange IMHO.
In those days i was a Stones fan and also liked the Hollies,but looking back,some of the stuff they wrote together, and their versions of American R&B songs were amazing.
Paul was never a great vocalist,John had the better voice but i think both would have been missed equally

My feeling is that the Beatles where so huge(well Lennon and McCartney)that equal doze of infamy would have been the order of the day had it been PM that was shot.Having said that i never liked the beatles and can't believe how much airtime they get, even today.

I am not old enough...who are these people you refer to...where they members of the Prodigy or some similar bands...:proud:

Im as old as the hills and i can hardly remember them,so why do i hear them almost every day on the radio ???

Back