The Autumn Statement.

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, little_pob. Given our own presidential election, and the pathetic state of TV and print media in the US, Brexit was not covered in the US with any meaningful depth by said media.

In a macro view, it seems that both Brexit and the election of Donald Trump for US president are just 2 examples of protest against the established political and economic power structures in many places across the world. I would prefer my country not elect a complete incompetent as president, but wishes are not horses (or presidents).

I have always thought that Great Britain was wise to negotiate its entry into the EU without abandoning the Pound as its monetary standard. The vote to leave the EU didn't surprise me too much, though I was, and still am, not well-educated on the situation. It seems the British have collectively viewed the EU with a healthy dose of skepticism as to its benefit for Britain. Such skepticism is difficult to shake once established, and is easily enforced if such is the bent of one's personality.

I end this post with the disclaimer that I am obviously not speaking from authority of knowledge, but rather from opinion based on observation. If anyone believes that some of my assumptions or conclusions are false, I welcome a correction toward a better understanding of a complex issue.

My view is that the world is in state of flux.

What I mean by that is the way that everyone has access to global market, but we don't have a global society is causing issues.

Our system of government (Capitalism) is the best that we have come up with but it has not kept pace with globalisation and something new is needed.

Until we work out that new system of government, people are going to rebel and that currently seams to be in a form of right wing nationalism, and will likely end up in large scale war

Thanks for the thoughtful reply, little_pob. Given our own presidential election, and the pathetic state of TV and print media in the US, Brexit was not covered in the US with any meaningful depth by said media.

In a macro view, it seems that both Brexit and the election of Donald Trump for US president are just 2 examples of protest against the established political and economic power structures in many places across the world. I would prefer my country not elect a complete incompetent as president, but wishes are not horses (or presidents).

I have always thought that Great Britain was wise to negotiate its entry into the EU without abandoning the Pound as its monetary standard. The vote to leave the EU didn't surprise me too much, though I was, and still am, not well-educated on the situation. It seems the British have collectively viewed the EU with a healthy dose of skepticism as to its benefit for Britain. Such skepticism is difficult to shake once established, and is easily enforced if such is the bent of one's personality.

I end this post with the disclaimer that I am obviously not speaking from authority of knowledge, but rather from opinion based on observation. If anyone believes that some of my assumptions or conclusions are false, I welcome a correction toward a better understanding of a complex issue.

It's not the first time.............images.jpg

Leaving Brexit for me was more about the money we were throwing at them yearly. Also, last year, when Cameron was trying to renegotiate our deal with Europe nearly everything we asked for was shot down and only a few token things granted, this was the last straw. If Europe had been more understanding then we might have still been in the EU.

The problem we are facing ,to me, that we have an un-elected prime minister who was anti Brexit, trying to figure something out. We should have had a PM who was pro Brexit and things might look more positive!

...The problem we are facing ,to me, that we have an un-elected prime minister who was anti Brexit, trying to figure something out. We should have had a PM who was pro Brexit and things might look more positive!
The UK electorate don't choose the PM; that role is automatically given to the leader of the party with the parliamentary majority, or, in the case of a coalition government, the party with the largest number of MPs. Whilst Brexiters did run for Tory party leader, they all dropped out as they didn't have enough support from fellow MPs. AFAIK, the only political party with a Brexit supporting leader is UKIP.

At least you've got the euroskeptic, David Davis in the Brexit Secretary role.

Things don't look positive partly due to the silence from the Government. Their argument is that this is to protect the UK's position until we enter negotiations. Currently the Department for Exiting the European Union will be getting together the opening offer; their "have your cake and eat it" offer if that photo is to be believed. You've then got the rhetoric coming from some heads in the EU saying hard-exit or no-exit.

I think by the time we do leave ; at best I believe it will be mid 2019 Germany will be financially unable to support the whole of it's empire which will cause a massive influx of people from the countries in a worse situation to what Greece is in now where people are jobless and starving and rumidging through bins to survive.
We also have the Bonus of all of those poor traumatised refugee gentlemen who where out partying in Germany last new years eve, showing the locals a good time ,coming over here because by then they will have E.U passports at least we can rely on our notoriously harsh benefits system putting a few of them off.
Our future in the German Empire does look bright .

I think by the time we do leave ; at best I believe it will be mid 2019 Germany will be financially unable to support the whole of it's empire.

I have a feeling 2018 will be the year that it all goes belly up for Euro(pe).

There are not many strong or growing economies in Europe, in fact for all our own problems the UK is one of the stronger economies.

What worries me is that I don't even know what number bail out Greece is on (2,3,4???)

There was allot of media talk if Greece exit the euro, there was a high likelihood that the euro would collapse???

Without being condescending; Greece is a poor country so is Spain, Italy, Poland, even France.

How can Germany support the majority without the UK. And Greece will bail out again...

If I was a betting guy, I would be prepared to sell the euro (forex) very soon

Mick

Back