testers for a server

Tr0jan

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi

we looking to see how many clients we can get on a server with one card running.

we have 30 running at the minute using newcs and ccam we thing we can get this up to fifty. so we looking for 10 testers who still have the dm500 and are able to able to swap between images on dm. we have been using the nablio dm 500 v8 image, along with newcs and ccam so the first ten people that can/will keep the cline on for 24 hours for testing please pm haxmax are jimmyp they will sort you out with the cline. remember the first ten only. the rest off the files can be found about the forum .

happy testing .
tr0jan

Oooooh, a cable c/s server at last.

Will you be providing the cam_n details for the testers? :proud:

hi

we looking to see how many clients we can get on a server with one card running.

we have 30 running at the minute using newcs and ccam we thing we can get this up to fifty. so we looking for 10 testers who still have the dm500 and are able to able to swap between images on dm. we have been using the nablio dm 500 v8 image, along with newcs and ccam so the first ten people that can/will keep the cline on for 24 hours for testing please pm haxmax are jimmyp they will sort you out with the cline. remember the first ten only. the rest off the files can be found about the forum .

happy testing .
tr0jan

oh right so if we pm haxmax he will give us all the details that's great :banana:

NICE

Good to see someone trying on the Cable CS side.

Hope im in with a chance on this one. Just had ne box a few weeks and already made a few mods :p lights on the front for HDD and network lol

will PM jimmpy

warlord

Last edited:
You guys should know this will be a wind up to get inboxes full...

Works great here running 3 DM500 with the same cline thanks guys

take it this is a wind up then, I'm sitting waiting patiently for a CS solution - with me hosting a card to share with friends and family that it is.

From what I have read around the forums it seems that a certain box manufacturer has CS working on cable right now. Now there is absolutely no point in PM'ing me as I don't even know which manufacturer it is as of yet. I have a hunch....but that is all. I have also read that these box's are already on sale in south and east London. The people behind this box have actually sussed what is needed for cs to work on cable.......but they are not going to be releasing that info for free so that the general public can adapt their dreambox/dbox2 ect.......THEY WANT YOUR £££ for yet another "New" box.

So I suppose a recap is
1. It's possible (But we already knew that)
2. It is being done right now (Most didn't realise that)
3. The sharing of info on how to doesn't look like its going to happen
4. You are going to have to purchase a new box unless a "Team" works out how to do this and releases the info for free - IMHO pretty unlikely due to the nature of what has gone on before now with the I WANT I WANT I DEMAND culture that has unfortunately built up around the cable scene
5. I don't care one bit as I have moved to sat - Much more on offer for much less £££ - Unless you live in a tower block and cant have a sat dish then you would be mental to bother with a cable CS as opposed to a Sat CS.....obv just my humble opinion.

Take from the above whatever you like. I have read this info from pretty reliable sources. I know no more and neither will I be bothering to find out any more due to the fact that I have moved on.....If that sounds selfish then im sorry I didn't mean it to lol.

if 1 person can work it out, i'm sure at some point someone else will. i just wonder why this 'box' manufacturer isn't advertising it or people with these boxes aren't letting on. it's only a matter of time before someone opens their mouth with some actual details and not just speculation.

probably because they will need to release new firmware everytime there server gets knocked off lmao!

JohnO

Last edited:
I'm more looking to CS for cable because I've over a dozen friends and family members who are using a dreambox which I have supplied to them. Luckily it hasn't gone off yet but when it does I'd like an easy solution for them instead of the couple of hundred quid investment needed each for a sat (rotating) card share system.

One uncle alone has like 4 dreamboxes in his house for him and his kids, trying to replace that with a rotating dm500s solution is going to be a kick in the balls.

if 1 person can work it out, i'm sure at some point someone else will. i just wonder why this 'box' manufacturer isn't advertising it or people with these boxes aren't letting on. it's only a matter of time before someone opens their mouth with some actual details and not just speculation.

i would say if a box manufacturer has got it working, they would wait to the full n3 switch over to max there sales ! & to make sure VM havent got anything else going on !!! just my ten pence worth.. i can see us all getting pm's with new boxs 4 sale .lol

i didn't even know cable could be cs'd yet.
what about needing the rsa and stuff?
is that solved?

well ..if these threads/post are true m8 it looks they have managed to find the rsa e.c.t, im keeping everything crossed

Instead of keeping everything crossed for somebody else to hand it to you, why not try and sort it yourself :)

is there a risk cs throught virgin broadband can they not monitor it ???

Back