telnet help please

forest1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys i want to add a new skin to my receiver, i know i have to ftp the file to Temp folder first then on my PC type "Telnet" but once i type
ipkg install/temp/****.ipg all i get is the Help ? message

1. what do i type in the ****.ipg
2. what am i doing wrong how do i connect receiver to PC

I know i have done all this before but its been such a long time i have forgotten, help please

thanks

There is no direct connection betwenn PC and STB. So long as both can connect to each other. You must have telnet feature enable on windows, otherwise use putty which is free. If using windows, in the dos window type "telnet 192.168.0.XX"

cd /tmp
ipkg install *.ipk

(this will install all pakages in the tmp folder. Copied from post by mkdon73)

Last edited:
There is no direct connection betwenn PC and STB. So long as both can connect to each other. You must have telnet feature enable on windows, otherwise use putty which is free. If using windows, in the dos window type "telnet 192.168.0.XX"

cd /tmp
ipkg install *.ipk

(this will install all pakages in the tmp folder. Copied from post by mkdon73)

thanks for ifo mate i have tried that here is my root

FTP skin file to tmp on receiver ok
on pc start search type TELNET black screen appears i take it this is dos mode"
i type my ip 192.168.0.** i get Invalid
I type cd/tmp i get invalid

i know i have done this before in the early days of the TM800 hd but just cant remember

Please re-read my post. You are not doing it right.

Is telnet enabled on your PC. It is not enabled by default. If it is in the search button, type "cmd", "Return button", "telnet 192.168.x.xx",(replace the x.xx with your receiver details), "return button". At this point you should be asked for log in details by the receiver.

Please re-read my post. You are not doing it right.

Is telnet enabled on your PC. It is not enabled by default. If it is in the search button, type "cmd", "Return button", "telnet 192.168.x.xx",(replace the x.xx with your receiver details), "return button". At this point you should be asked for log in details by the receiver.

top man got it now thank you very much for your help

happy new year

Back