Telnet and password on Solo2

radicaldoc

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone point me to information on how to Telnet to my Solo2 I know i use Putty but it says i need a password but don't have a password I also read some where i need to set a password on my box but nowhere can i find a FAQ both of these subjects.. Help please? thanks again :proud:

Which image do you use?
I am using openpli and i log into that with root and no password with filezilla but that wont work when i try to log on with putty to try to Telnet...

Try password vu+ or vu plus or vu solo2

password is vusolo2

type root then press enter
then type vusolo2 press enter

Can someone point me to information on how to Telnet to my Solo2 I know i use Putty but it says i need a password but don't have a password I also read some where i need to set a password on my box but nowhere can i find a FAQ both of these subjects.. Help please? thanks again :proud:

normally its root and dreambox
this will change password for the image only so reflash another image and it will be back to Root,dreambox
search for Putty software here or on the net and run on your computer
Start Putty

Put your solo2 IP in
Tick the telnet option and press open
At login just put root
then type passwd
Then Enter your new password note it wont actually show you the entry then hit enter
Repeat entering the same pass then it should report password changed.

normally its root and dreambox
this will change password for the image only so reflash another image and it will be back to Root,dreambox
search for Putty software here or on the net and run on your computer
Start Putty

Put your solo2 IP in
Tick the telnet option and press open
At login just put root
then type passwd
Then Enter your new password note it wont actually show you the entry then hit enter
Repeat entering the same pass then it should report password changed.

Sorted thanks i have done the telnet as i needed to do but unfortunately it didn't do what i hoped it would...
and to top it all i went to the hospital as per usual every day and fell and broke my ankle...Great eh !! this year has been a disaster...LOL

Back