Technomates Reputation?

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
Have they bitten off more than they could chew with the TM800?

Do you believe that Team _UR are capable of doing what they claim?

Would you spend another £250 on a Technomate product?

Were Darkmans sweeping statements closer to the truth than we thought?

For me, I'd have to say I've been impressed with TM customer service, and even more so by my supplier Eurosky, but in all honesty I think this will be the last TM product I invest in. If I ever do, then I'll ask TM not to release it until they are 100% happy with both the hardware and the software.

The cash cow of the World Cup proved too tempting for them and it's came back and bit them on the arse, hard.

I cant believe that after 4 months on sale technomate are still letting UR team fumble there way around in the dark with tm800 like some weekend DIY project with not a care in the world about tm800 owners.

I think the major issue is that ur team are building upon each old release causing new problems with the ones they solve.

Ive said before the box as a box for watching tv in good quality and stable does it's job. But the box will never be unleashed untill the source code is.

I still regret buying a tm9100, for me I wouldn't buy another TM product.

Frenchman

customer service is great but like a few others i wouldnt touch a tm box again.

they exchanged a 6800 for a 6900 when the thing died on me after a few months, good service but should it have died so quick in the first place?

i also dont like how they got shut of the non ethernet models at full price even when they knew full well the super was just about to hit the shelfs.

i felt a bit robbed tbh..... i wasnt.... but it sure felt that way to me.

sounds like a tm bashing thread but the service is good infact great but the products are not for me again im afraid.

i think these threads serve a purpose as if they get seen by tm (and im sure they do lol), it may up there game for furture releases.

Hate to say I told you so!
Love him or hate him looks like Darkman was telling the truth lads.

this is about TM tho and not darkman, if we are going there i'll write another post on his products but that would take me all day to type.

i wouldnt touch his crap if it was free tbh.

TM for all there faults at least try and they do have great customer service something darkman will never have as he's so full of himself and is ONLY intrested in the cash.

i think with what they have done so far they are holding there heads up above the water, im not a sat user so not really had much to do with them, but from what i have read there doing OK.

and most people seem happy with them, and thats what counts.

yes darkman is like the councils and parking... intrested in cash

from what ive read and seen TM do a lot for its customers...

one thing they havent dione is release the CVS which undoubtably will open up this box to its max.

ibve only evered owned a dm500c... but when my system is set up wouldnt touch dm or tm.. why

cause VU+ as new as they are keep to their word

technomate themselfs i cant really fault them, i dont know of any other big company like that who looks after their end users so well

the UR team though, i personally believe do not exist any more, and whoever TM is relying on for their images, is ruining their reputation

the TM800 hardware is rock solid, the software though, to be blunt, is shit

the same PLi image for the DM800 weighs in at just over 30Mb, the same TM800 image is 54Mb, because it contains all of the DM800 stuff, as well as other un-needed stuff, and half a million 'fixes' to make it work on the TM800

for technomates rep to improve, they need better software, to get better software they need better teams writing it, if that means slipping nabilo or PLi £5k, imo, itd be a wise investment

TM need to look at what DMM and VU+ have done, both have released source files, drivers etc...The enthusiasts will then take more notice and perhaps get more image support. The receiver needs to be able to run native Enigma 2.

Look at the the ViX image that has been put together in approx 4-6 weeks! Thats been done by one coder and 3 of us testing advising etc...Fook me we got no mega UR team and look at the job we've done of the Duo image and we are already beta testing a ViX image for the Solo! Also take into consideration we lead normal lives and don't produce images for full time work like I think the UR team does.

Oh btw, ViX1.1 weighs in at just over 40mb and look at what it has built in!

Didn't dmm and vu release the code when they had functional code

I believe tm have either lost their code in a crash or the ur-team took it with them, I don't believe that they have been lying all this time.

Quite simply I think they are just to proud to admit that they have a problem.

The items in todays announced release don't affect me as my recording is fine and my hard drive is fine.

If they release the code they have without the proprietary drivers for the hardware then it's not going to be much good and I don't believe they have them.

technomate themselfs i cant really fault them, i dont know of any other big company like that who looks after their end users so well

the UR team though, i personally believe do not exist any more, and whoever TM is relying on for their images, is ruining their reputation

the TM800 hardware is rock solid, the software though, to be blunt, is shit

the same PLi image for the DM800 weighs in at just over 30Mb, the same TM800 image is 54Mb, because it contains all of the DM800 stuff, as well as other un-needed stuff, and half a million 'fixes' to make it work on the TM800

for technomates rep to improve, they need better software, to get better software they need better teams writing it, if that means slipping nabilo or PLi £5k, imo, itd be a wise investment

Hi DD m8

to have a solid hw does not mean a shit nowadays!We have seen many of them to disappear from the scene,TM 800 hd is facing the same destiny.And i really feel sorry for TM and their customers service cause they dont deserv such a FIASKO!

This TM800 is starting to remind me of my TGM220 cable reciever (another UR image), that thing never worked as it should, always lip sync and other issues,

Such a shame as this box has so much potential, but it's like an ice cream van with no freezer.

This TM800 is starting to remind me of my TGM220 cable reciever (another UR image), that thing never worked as it should, always lip sync and other issues,

Such a shame as this box has so much potential, but it's like an ice cream van with no freezer.

Yup, thats the point i've been trying to get across, ITGate support and software has always been crap, bugs were never fixed. Why does anyone think anything will change just because an ITgate manufactured and UR Team supported reciever now has a Technomate badge on it ? Same substandard software support...nothings changed. Except at least you 2 years hardware warranty with ITgate....you dont with TM....

i had two TGM220's and they always worked fine, never had any lip sync issues. they released nagra 2 firmware as well, were one of very few boxes working in Ireland in the summer of 2009.

The problem with bad software is not entirely technomate's fault.

Clients with low expectations have a lot of fault. That's why I was pissed when people in this forum where so comprehensive with technomate's bad support, if you are satisfied by low support, that's what you'll get, if clients start demanding more support, technomate will have to give it, if they don't they won't be here for long.

With all the blind praising of the technomates receivers, that existed here, the technomate coders where made to believe that theirs receivers where perfect, and don't need improvements.

Constructive critiques are positive for both the company and the clients, and help to make the products better.

Last edited:
I do not know a single tm 800 owner that is happy with a single team working on this box.

Everyone wants better support.

Agreed.
I have had TM1000/1500/5400
All performed excellent
I also have TM600 which does excatly what I need though does suffer a little lyp sync issues.
I would of had a TM800 like a shot until I realised that it was going to struggle for support.
I am not sure even if a top team are writing images if it will ever be a top receiver but maybe it will.
I think TM have shot there selfs in the foot pushing this model out without support jus to get the World cup HD market at the time.
Doe sthe card reader work yet? I am not upto date on all fixes.
Normally jsut ask Digidude if I want to know lol

I don't know im waiting on the latest release to test it.

Back