technomate tm500 problem

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys my m8 took his dreambox back two days ago and got a tm 500 to use til he got his back ,so i got him the image from the other thread on here the image was the tm 500 2.0.20 rev 5 one, anyway he flashed it and now the remote doesnt work and also now the up and down channel buttons on the technomate reciever its self turn the volume up and down and also the volume up and down buttons change the channels, its a black tm 500 with 2 scart sockets at the back, i have read about images can change the remote frequencys if its a one scart tm 500 so is thats what happen or somwthing else ? all help will be much appreciated thanks guys

I'd be tempted to try the last image that digidude posted here m8.
That way you can rule out any problems caused by having one of the older images installed on the official-release stb.
Let us know how you get on m8 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
youve flashed an older image onto a newer receiver m8, put the latest one onto the receiver and the remote will work fine

ill edit the thread with the images on over the weekend so people know what images will work on what receivers

thanks guys i will go see my m8 tommorrow as he must be in bed now cause he not replying to me texts, digidude is the image that bard gave me a link to the right image to flash it with the date on that image is 2/07/09 ? thanks again to both of you much appreciated

yes m8, thats the image for the receiver with 2 scart sockets and the new type reomte, it sounds like youve flashed an image for the older model, it will work on the new model, but requires the older remote to control the receiver

my m8 has just texted me now so gona send him that image and will report back tonight if he does it tonight to let you both no how we got on, thanks again to you both great help and fast response especially to say how late it is cheers

any image released before july 1st will only work with remotes that came with the older type receivers with only one scart, the latest image will only work (and possible all future images?) with the newer type remote with a LAN button at the top

both image will work on either single or twin scart model, but its the remote that matters

i guys, my friend has flashed that image to the tm 500 but the remote still isnt working, he was using itgate control center to flash it ,i have just sent him the tm linux loader but he said with the itgate program it was saying 100 percent on program then doing the whole install thing on the actual reciever so im not sure wondered if any of you could help ,thanks alot

bit of a update,i sent my m8 that tmlinux loader program and at first he dint want to use ,why i dont no but he just used it with that image bard gave me the link to that digidude uploaded on this site and hey presto all is working now ,remote back to normal etc, thanks for the help guys

Hi everyone im new to this forum ( 1st post lol )

i have just purchased a tm-500 and i am trying to flash the latest img here by com1 ( because my ethernet does not work )

this is brand new out of the box !

the reason i am flashing a new img is :

the ethernet is getting an ip from the router via dhcp ok in the tm-500.

that is ok so i know the ethernet is working well.

but i am not getting an internet connection displayed and no internet on the tm-500 ?

the mac adress is displayed aswell.

Now i am trying to flash from com1 with the correct software and image from this post, but it doesnt start to receive anything ?

my null modem cable is 100% ok as i use this regularly on other boxes and have tested it !

so im really scratching my head as to why i cannot get an internet connection on the box and why the com1 wont work ? ( and yes i have reset the tm-500 to default and used both static and dynamic ip )

any help would be deeply apreciated and my sincere apologies if this is not in the correct post !

Happy New Year !

sorry i forgot my model is of the later type with 2 scarts and the lan button on remote

Last edited:
download the technomate control center (TCC) and flash with that m8, ill see if i can find you a link

Thanks digidude i would apreciate that :)

i have tried the dreambox dcc ! it now sees the ip but it wont enter with a blank password :(

as i said before i have done sytem resetaswell .

( when i boot the box the logo comes up ds v4.0 )

i have tcc 7.1 here is that ok ?

UPDATE! i am trying to telnet to the box and it is asking me on ITGATE for a username and pass ? username: root pass: (blank)

but wont let me in ?

RE_ EDIT !

ok

username: root
password: dsteam

image flashed but still no internet on the box ????

Last edited:
Back