Technomate hardware Issues

CrazyFool

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Recently, I have seen more and more issues like Tune failed or box's in continuous reboot loops that are being sent back under warranty. And this does not stop at the TM800HD (which lets face it, we know is a crap box) but even with more mature boxes like the TM500, These problems are even more frequent than the clone DM's for crying out loud, and you'd think you get to hear about them more often as there are more of them out there in peoples homes and also, well... they are clones!

has the reputation of TM hardware gone to pot?
more importantly, has the quality of TM hardware gone to pot?
they never had great software in the first place but if this is the case, now they have nothing!

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:
as ive said in loads of posts, about any receiver, it depends what you want it for. i have a pre production tm500 thats been running the same image for about 17 months, and acting as my home server, i havent updated it cos it works. my dm800 has been updated once in the last 3 years

technomate is the ONLY company i know, that activley looks for faults in its own equipment, and will pay whatever it takes to rectify any found, instead of blaming it on everything else, then abandoning the project for the next 'new' seller

the last year has seen TM take a royal hammering on internet forums, but, if you read through the posts slating them, they come from one of 3 types of people

owners, complaining about the actual product they own, TM deal directly with most owners and resolve issues
band wagoners, they read the owbers gripes, and shout as loud as they can about the downfalls, and keep shouting about them, even after the owners have been sorted out
Other companies, and their associates. wether its releasing news (that they will not back up) in a wikileaks style, ar getting multiple forum members to flash attack threads, like band wagoners they dont actually own the equipment theyre slating

EVERY company that makes and programmes things has problems, look at microsoft, windows, 360, etc

TM telling people that they have issues, and paying to resolve them, while in the short term will see forums erupting with members, mostly who dont own the hardware they will be screaming about, in the long term will show how comitted they are to the end user, and will look better on them

as ive said in loads of posts, about any receiver, it depends what you want it for. i have a pre production tm500 thats been running the same image for about 17 months, and acting as my home server, i havent updated it cos it works. my dm800 has been updated once in the last 3 years

technomate is the ONLY company i know, that activley looks for faults in its own equipment, and will pay whatever it takes to rectify any found, instead of blaming it on everything else, then abandoning the project for the next 'new' seller

the last year has seen TM take a royal hammering on internet forums, but, if you read through the posts slating them, they come from one of 3 types of people

owners, complaining about the actual product they own, TM deal directly with most owners and resolve issues
band wagoners, they read the owbers gripes, and shout as loud as they can about the downfalls, and keep shouting about them, even after the owners have been sorted out
Other companies, and their associates. wether its releasing news (that they will not back up) in a wikileaks style, ar getting multiple forum members to flash attack threads, like band wagoners they dont actually own the equipment theyre slating

EVERY company that makes and programmes things has problems, look at microsoft, windows, 360, etc

TM telling people that they have issues, and paying to resolve them, while in the short term will see forums erupting with members, mostly who dont own the hardware they will be screaming about, in the long term will show how comitted they are to the end user, and will look better on them

I was upset last night as my box is 2nd hand.

After reading the latest update on the tm800 I can see that while tm have been having problems instead of ignoring them they are offering to fix every box at a cost to tm themselves.

This for me shows that they are committed to looking after their customers, this is not something common in the marketplace.

I am giving them a thumbs up myself for their commitment to their customers.

I'll be honest,
i dont own any TM hardware and I have nothing to profit from their downfall.
was just stating a pattern i have seen as of late, with TM hardware dwindling even further than clones.

If TM are bending over backwards to resolve these issues then bravo to them.

Kind regards,
CrazyFool.

but even with more mature boxes like the TM500, These problems are even more frequent than the clone DM's for crying out loud

I'm sorry but this thread just seems like trolling to me...

have you got any examples of "real" hardware issues that TM wouldn't repair ?

TM are re-calling all TM800HD ,to re-programme the processor . Visit there site for details . I have just sent mine back..........:Clap:

I'm sorry but this thread just seems like trolling to me...

have you got any examples of "real" hardware issues that TM wouldn't repair ?

If it seems like trolling, then i am sorry, it wasnt my intention.
and I didnt say TM wont' fix them.
just that there are actual hardware problems that exist in the first place. And the high frequency in which they are occuring as of late.

As mentioned before, if TM will fix them then that is brilliant, for them and for their customers.

I started this thread because i usually give advice to people to purchase the tm500/600 over the dm500/600 sheerly due to the superiority of the hardware.

This obviously isnt the case anymore.
Thats my only point, no need for people to get defensive, i too would have bought a TM500 if i didnt need a cccam server, thats how fond of their hardware i was.

Crazy

If it seems like trolling, then i am sorry, it wasnt my intention.
and I didnt say TM wont' fix them.
just that there are actual hardware problems that exist in the first place. And the high frequency in which they are occuring as of late.

As mentioned before, if TM will fix them then that is brilliant, for them and for their customers.

I started this thread because i usually give advice to people to purchase the tm500/600 over the dm500/600 sheerly due to the superiority of the hardware.

This obviously isnt the case anymore.
Thats my only point, no need for people to get defensive, i too would have bought a TM500 if i didnt need a cccam server, thats how fond of their hardware i was.

Crazy

i was just abit confused as you seem to be implying there's a recurring hardware issue with tm500/tm600's ?

you say you "would of" got one so does this mean it's a recent issue ? all i've read in last 6 months or so has been people who have scanning isues, that could be all sorts of issues other than box hardware. and people getting bootloops and that could be hardware or software, neither of those have been mentioned that frequently though.

i'm not trying to defend TM I'm just genuinely confused what fault your worried about is and interested myself, as i spend quiet alot of my time trying to break my TM600

yes, when i talk about hardware problems, they sometimes are software issues like scanning and bootloops. I am referring more towards issues that are not resolvable by the end user.

The reason that i didnt go with the TM was not because of these issues, it was simply because of its insufficiency as a cccam server.
if this wasnt the case then i would get one, but i would now think twice about getting one even if cccam was fixed now because of all of these issues.

again, these issues are not majorly radical and happen everyday. Its just that TM's are irriversibly breaking more than DM clones atm even though the DM's are clones and you are more likely to hear about them because there are physically more of them meaning problems will be identified on the forum.

Its not just this forum either, there are a couple which i glance over from time to time.

here are a couple of examples on the most recent page of this forum only, where the box is irreparable or a solution has not yet been discussed.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/245534/
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/251804/
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/251710/
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/249598/
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/250499/

CrazyFool.

randomly pick a linux receiver, any one, and you will find people having scanning issues, flashing issues, boot loop issues, setup issues, every receiver from DM5620, through technomates, DM clones, Vu+, basicly ALL linux based receivers

its the nature of the beast

If you want to find something that don't work and will never work~!!
look at the spiderbox's both 5/9000 cccam don't work atall!!
works like a treat on my tm600, but dark-dick says its my network!!

LOL
The Spider isn't even worth a thread imo.
i took the effort to posting this thread because TM have a reputation of good quality. which doesnt seem to look like the case anymore.
True, as Digi said there will be faults with all sorts of hardware, my point was that there seems to be amassing amounts within the TM compared to its competition as of late.

However most of the negatives can be put to one side now as it looks like TM are Jtagging there tm800's to resolve the issues they have been having.
I must admit, that is superb cutomer service on their part.
Nice one TM.

randomly pick a linux receiver, any one, and you will find people having scanning issues, flashing issues, boot loop issues, setup issues, every receiver from DM5620, through technomates, DM clones, Vu+, basicly ALL linux based receivers

its the nature of the beast

@Digi, DITTO

I've had my TM600 for over a year now.

"For £100, I have had more than value for money. Albeit E1, I'm sure others will have got their feet wet with Linux (BIG thanks to you Digi,Tone Deff & the others that got drawn into this hobby on this forum).

I put a 4Gb stick(£5) inside and it will take a couple of movies, full 8 day epg as well as a backup. Streaming, Good Looking, Connectivity (inc RF-Out)

IMO

If you want to pay for a non-linux box, go for it. (Combos witH S2 & T2 tuners, look nice)

Just dont complain, "when there is nothing to do........anymore" "

merry holidays........ csb

:slaps:

I have my Tm500 almost 1 year. Well it gives what is worth !
A stable Cccam client/server box. Must say last version of CCcam runs very very well.But is not open source at all ... And That is very sadning. I was even looking lately for a inadyn client compiled for this box.
IBM powercpu Vulcan Itgate os. It must be sooo hard to compile such a thing for a TM linux receiver ....Is it ?
Also the Widescreenbug, Please guys resolve it AAAAAAAAAAAAARG
ANd as of an extra : For The TM500
Please add CIFS protocol AND DO NOT DISSABLE IT IN THE F******G image.
Yes Ur team, it is obvious that the hardware check is done in the startup between TM500 & TM600 and the CIFS is not activated as a module ...
After you have activated CIFS, activate Network recording as well so i can finnally use my TM500 just like a DM500plus which had no problem at all with such a things...

ANyway getting of topic here !

But like i said. It has gotten its place in the bedroom where I mostly zap 40 minutes and fall asleep LOL :) So I'm 60% satisfied with the TM500.

If you want to find something that don't work and will never work~!!
look at the spiderbox's both 5/9000 cccam don't work atall!!
works like a treat on my tm600, but dark-dick says its my network!!

Are you sure ,it doesn't work in Spiderbox ?
I don't think it.

Last edited:
Are you sure ,it doesn't work in Spiderbox ?
I don't think it.

dark-dick (Or are you one of his bitches) f**k off you w@nker!! its don't work! yes it work's for a min or two then cliches!! the spiderbox is ok , but its sh!t for cccam! full stop!!

dark-dick (Or are you one of his bitches) f**k off you ******!! its don't work! yes it work's for a min or two then cliches!! the spiderbox is ok , but its shit for cccam! full stop!!

-Can you telling me this in my face ?
I don't think....
You are hiding behide your PC.
:Clap::Clap:
A bann must come for you.
Play with another thing,this is not for you.......

-I can upload you a recording

A recording for you
Stop complaining.
If you are not managing with satellite's,ask for help.

PHP:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
-Can you telling me this in my face ?
I don't think....
You are hiding behide your PC.
:Clap::Clap:
A bann must come for you.
Play with another thing,this is not for you.......

-I can upload you a recording

I think he only said what a few were thinking :~0

Back