Technomate 6900 super+ and motors

Darklordsbane

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Guys
my old sat motor is dead so I need to buy a new one, my dish is 1100mm in size, I think the dish size killed it as it was fine until I got the bigger dish.
I was wondering about the Technomate tm 2600 super diseqc sat motor, will the Technomate 6900 super+ be able to drive it on it's own or do you need a power supply, if not can anyone recommend a motor that can drive that size dish without the need for a seperate power supply
as always any help greatly appreciated
Regards
Dlb

The tm 2600 will work fine with your 6900 no external power is required. I use this motor but with a 1.0m dish, but technomate reckon its good for a 1.3m dia. It has metal gears which are more durable using larger dishes than the plastic gears.

It also has a full 10° further travel East/West than what the Technomate does as there are no mechanical limits inside its all done via software on the box, Backlash is automatically adjusted unlike the Technomate where you have to get a hammer and screwdriver to it.

The tm 2600 will work fine with your 6900 no external power is required. I use this motor but with a 1.0m dish and tm lnb gold and a tm 6900hd super+ and works very well and fast and as metal gear, also what satellite & digital magazine tv give top mark on there review

Last edited:
I have a Darkmotor and a 1mtr dish, where I am I do get quite high winds and even in the highest wind I've never lost lock on a satellite. I would recommend the Darkmotor over any other brand I've used. Mine has been in constant use since I moved into my new house three years ago. Note the Darkmotor is fully DiseqC and USALS compatible.

Woow, It seems a very good motor(dark). I must say that I had no problem with wind and bad weather using a tm Motor. But from time to time, sometimes the motor locked up. But this could have been a problem of connectors/Cabling. Also I only use a tm motor for 88cm. I find that dish size >88cm is not very stable with a TM motor.

Back