Technomate 2200 motorised problems

delectable

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to fix up my new 220 motor with my 7025 / latest Gemini image.
I've mounted the bracket, motor, and dish at the correct angles, following all the guides.
I've entered my londitude / Latitude into the DB.

My problem is that motor seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes it will only move when i select more westerly sats. If i change back to a more central or easterly sat it won't move.
On other occassions it moves west to find 13E ??

I'm sure it's my fault, and i haven't configured something properly.
Would anyone be good enough to provide me with the correct settings for the image i'm using, and point out where i might be going wrong.

Many thanks in advance.
Cheers.

It's sometimes a good idea to go into the Motor Setup page, select 'drive to 0°' from the pull down menu and select 'Go'. It will then reset itself and drive to 0°.

If you go to 13e, don't go by the marking on the motor, it won't be exact. Go to http://www.gaaps.com.tw/ and it will tell you what the position of the motor should be at any give satellite.

Thanks, I've tried going to the motor page. The motor goes to 0 ok.
I'm aware that the rotation angle is dependent on where you are, and am conversant with the Gaaps data.
But this doesn't explain why the motor will drive west, and then not back to east.
Is it fooked do you reckon?
I see there is a reset button on if, but i stuck a long screwdriver in it and didn't feel anything.
Any help would be appreciated!

Try turning the USALS function off and go with storing the position of each satellite one by one.

Use the < and > buttons to move the motor east and west until you get a good SNR %, making sure you have selected the proper satellite and appropriate transponder. Select 'Store' when you've got a good signal.

Both functions might be fighting against each other (so to speak) and getting confused.

Have found the reset! All seems to be ok now.
I'm going to pop it up later.
Many thanks

Back