TapaTalk 4 with HD support, 64p this week only

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess now it has left beta stage Tapatalk 4 is no longer free. However for this week only its down from usual $4.99 to $0.99 which equates to 64p.

Includes HD version for those with HD tablets.

I do not think I can justify upgrading again! They are releasing them on a yearly basis now.. No loyalty to existing customers.

As for using on a Tablet, I find using the site on the tablet is fine...

Can you give us an insight to what is better on 4 ? If anything ? (compared to 3)

I do not think I can justify upgrading again! They are releasing them on a yearly basis now.. No loyalty to existing customers.

As for using on a Tablet, I find using the site on the tablet is fine...

Can you give us an insight to what is better on 4 ? If anything ? (compared to 3)

Never used 3 but compared to 2 its interface is much easier to use and notifications actually work.

Don't know if you can still download the beta which was free.

The UI was certainly better between the last versions, but still I would like to see them let people upgrade for free.

The UI was certainly better between the last versions, but still I would like to see them let people upgrade for free.

So would I. I assume between 4.x versions are free ?

Sure, all version from 3 to 3.x are free upgrades, but major releases 4 and the inevitable 5, 6, 7 the way they are going they are going to charge.

I guess you could go for the 'lite' version if they still do them, but you get ad's or at least you used to.
Oh, and another killer was that the phone version and tablet version were different apps so you had to buy them both! But as I said earlier, I have never understood why you would want to use it on a Tablet if you have a decent resolution in any case.

Sure, all version from 3 to 3.x are free upgrades, but major releases 4 and the inevitable 5, 6, 7 the way they are going they are going to charge.

I guess you could go for the 'lite' version if they still do them, but you get ad's or at least you used to.
Oh, and another killer was that the phone version and tablet version were different apps so you had to buy them both! But as I said earlier, I have never understood why you would want to use it on a Tablet if you have a decent resolution in any case.

Reason for using on a tablet is that works better for slow connections and not all forums are well designed for smaller displayer.

Also the newer layout with slide out menus brings it in line with jelly bean design.

I just upgraded but it sucks big time that they may you pay agian after you paid for tapatalk2...

Back