T600 psu circuit diagram

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone got a circuit diagram for a tm 600 psu board. I have 2 with faulty psu's. One them ec203 keeps blowing.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hi bud, on ya power suply, looking at the capacators on the board, do any of them look like the tops of them are slightly rounded or the plastic on them shrunk down the sides of them a bit.
am saying that because most of the psu's on thomson $ky plus boxes were shocking for psu faults and capacators were always the cause of it.
but for blowing ec203 have u done any cold checks using a multi meter checking the diodes in the psu etc.
dunno if that helps m8y but hope you get it sorted.

Only bulging cap is the one that keeps blowing. It takes about 20 seconds to blow. I will do some cold checks later (its really just out of curiosity & a circuit diagram would be useful)

Hi bud, so have you replaced that cap and it has still blown eventualy ??.
and also did you say it was buzzing ??.
what sort of cap is it ?. is it an electrolytic one , ceramic etc.
i would deffo do some cold checks with a meter bud.
if you get absolutly totaly stuck as take mine out n do some comparasons with ya

Hi once again, the only other thing i can say is that the ultimate fix would to be able to get one from technomate themself [email protected] that will cost you £25 and £13 to post it.
But the average price of a cap in the psu is about 3 or 4p each, so give it a go yourself if you can first.
fingers crossed for you.

Yeah, i aint gonna be buying a new psu board. I will do cold checks hopefully later. The capacitor i replace blows within 20 seconds & is an electrolytic type.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

after you have replaced it. does it still buzz or does it buzz a few seconds or minutes later.
also, i no this is a silly question like, but was it replaced with the same if not or an upgraded one.
from expirience, the normal cap in most psu's was an 85 degree one and i have replaced them with 105degree ones and have helped loads.
but also, depending on size there is no harm in replacing for a slightly heigher voltage depending on you can keep the same capacantence as may be dependant on frequency etc.
so have you upgraded to the 105 degree cap and is the capacatance the same etc.

lol there was a kit for the thompson sky plus box that was known for kaps going us and the 13 caps were sold for less than a £10 on ebay
how did you get on with ur cold checks on the other componants in the psu.
regards
dave
if u get stuck, give me a pm and i will help the best i can for you
cheers

Caps are 105s already. Done a few cold checks but not got any further. Will have another look tomorrow.

one thing you can do is measure the voltage accross the cap that keeps blowing.
i say that because if its rated at 25 volt, there may be 40 plus on it blowing it.
if the voltage is way above then in the psu you will have some zenner diodes. it sounds like one of them have gone and the psu has done a runaway and the voltage run rip at max.
let is no how u get on

Have you confirmed that it is a PSU fault and not something on the mobo?

Also may be worth speaking to Matt at TM, he knows his stuff.

Its definitely psu as the marked output voltages on the cable are low or non existent. I have measured a few diodes including one zenner & all of the have the correct resistance (forward & reverse). I will do some more checks later.

Back