$SystemUpdate 9199 - Added USB support, Uncripples banned machines :]

wozzo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Good news for banned peeps, as well as adding the USB support it also uncripples banned consoles meaning you can install games to the Hard Drive once again.

$systemUpdate_9199

*Extract to the root of a USB stick and update.

Does that mean I can play copies on my banned machine then transfer the gamerscore to live on my unbanned machine?

this one should also give you avatar support....other links would lose the avatars as wasn't included in the package.

link removed....

or at least maybe.....someone suggesting its just the older update with avatars.......awaiting verification on x-s...so maybe hold off just in case for now :)

false alarm - looks like its just the august update - so no use :)

Will post if see a proper :)

Last edited:
I really don't know anything about these boxes but my sons hdd was corrupted on his banned console, I gave him this update, he put it in banned box and updated, took memory card from unbanned box and transfered contents to uncrippled hdd, put uncrippled hdd into unbanned console and all was fine, avatar was there.

great news :banana: thanks guys just downloading the now

this is micro$hite so where's the catch?

why uncripple HD's the only one's which where crippled where on banned boxes.

or maybe i'm just an old cynic lol

Yup, I totally agree.

It's probably some sort of pre-loader for a complete console shutdown!

MS are thinking....

"Let's give those with a banned box a reason to update their consoles, we'll allow HDD installations once more.
Then once they have the update (which contains our nasty evil 'kill-code'), we'll release another update that'll activate the 'kill-code', thus rendering the naughty hackers banned machines totally useless! bwah hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!"

Last edited:

I assumed the reason to uncripple the hdd is so you can buy a cheaper 360 without a hdd and then use it on that. Thats what my son did anyway.

I assumed the reason to uncripple the hdd is so you can buy a cheaper 360 without a hdd and then use it on that. Thats what my son did anyway.

but my understanding was when you recovered your GT on the unbanned machine it uncrippled the hdd

cheers dude i'll be slapping this on my offline unbanned didnt fancy connecting to live for it ;)

Yup, I totally agree.

It's probably some sort of pre-loader for a complete console shutdown!

MS are thinking....

"Let's give those with a banned box a reason to update their consoles, we'll allow HDD installations once more.
Then once they have the update (which contains our nasty evil 'kill-code'), we'll release another update that'll activate the 'kill-code', thus rendering the naughty hackers banned machines totally useless! bwah hahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!"

well thats a theory and knowing them as good as anything else. chatting to a bud this morning he thinks it s just to stop people making money from uncrippling hd's as i understand the process is very much like a a jtag with most of the same soldering points and nand dumping process. maybe there's something they don't want people to find out who knows. Like i said after 30 years in IT i'm just a cynical old bastard :) (especially where MS are concerned)

does this update let you use non MS memory cards again like the datel max?

They most likely reverted there decision to prevent more lawsuits against em, if they did implement a killswitch they would be sued to fook, wont happen.

They most likely reverted there decision to prevent more lawsuits against em, if they did implement a killswitch they would be sued to fook, wont happen.

Cisk i'd agree that's a good assumption, except when have MS EVER bothered about being sued even when there completely in the wrong and they know it.
What do you think there lawyers would do if anyone with a firmware modded xbox was to try and sue them. they'd tear them to pieces. We know modding isn't illegal, but we also know why most people mod. So do they. They didn't care about the $1.4 billion dollars the EU fined them on top of the original $400 million they where fined back in 2004 that they've never paid, i just don't see them giving much of a monkeys to a couple of hundred thou xbox users.
Its why i was wondering if they'd reversed the datel card thing. There being sued by datel over that as well, and guff about non licensed memory cards causing crashes never did hold water so i'd say that was a fair pointer as to if they did realise they where overly aggressive last time and are putting it right or if there up to something else. So i'd approach this update with caution cos history shows us MS never do anything unless it benefits MS.
Like i said i'm a cynical old git :)

Are M$ allowed to maliciously brick people's machines?

I would imagine that the data on the hd's, saves, music, photos etc are property of the user and they can't deny access to it.

so they brick the box quoting some legal fine print in the licence agreement then tell you that your data saves etc are fine and will work on another non modded box. simples
like i said i don't trust em

Back