Switching between MGcamd and CCcam

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening guys,

I've got a DM800HD in the spare room, it has one line which i use in MGcamd for 28 east and then i use C lines for 13 east.

So i usually just switch cams to match what sat i'm watching, however tonight i've noticed that my receiver continues to use MGcamd even though i've switched my cam to use CCcam and even rebooted the box too that.

The image on my receiver is "OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-20120614-sim201-ssl84b-dOOds Backup".

Has anyone seen this problem? If so, how do i fix it?

I did have the problem last week but a re-flash seemed to fix it until now :(

Thanks,

Darren

Whi not using both at same time mgcamd+CCcam?

Whi not using both at same time mgcamd+CCcam?

Using CCcam v2.3.0 and MGcamd v1.38, i want to use them separately as i also use the same lines on another receiver in the house however can only have one of them using the line for 13east at a time so prefer to manually switch between cams as and when needed.

Has anyone else encounted this problem or have any ideas on how to fix?

Is CCcam even starting m8?

Yep CCcam was starting. i was finding that if i changed the cam and then rebooted the receiver that once it comes back up the softcam being used was what i selected prior to the reboot. It just won't seem to change without a reboot.

I've also just used TSpanel to remove MGcamd and CCcam and then i installed an .ipk for CCcam 2.2.1 and MGcamd 1.35 via the plugins from the image. Rebooted the box again, once it came back up it was using CCcam ok. I then changed the softcam to MGcamd and it then changed no problem. I then switched back to CCcam rebooted, yet after a reboot the same problem is back, it won't allow me to switch between what softcam is being used unless i reboot between the switching of the softcam.

I'm also now getting the same problem on a DM800SE with Rats image posted here which was working when i first used it. Slightly puzzled as i haven't changed anything on that box either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had problems with changing cams also m8 tbh,
usually I just telnet in and stop one if needed,
it doesn't happen all the time but it has happened using both the default softcam manager and TS Panel,

I even had to add a bit to the softcam.MGCamd file in etc/init.d as it would start but wouldnt clear unless it was started by telnet,

The joys of linux stb's lol

I've fixed it again now however to fix it i have put new images on the DM800 HD and DM800SE, the images used are:-

openpli-2.1-beta-dm800-20130209-sim2-ssl84b
OpenPLi-2_1-beta-dm800se-20120222-sim210-

I've then installed mgcamd and cccam via the plugins and green button from the menu and all is working again for now. I'm wondering if its TSPanel that was causing this as i never had these problems until i had that installed. I'll hold off installing it again for now as well.

I'm wondering if its TSPanel that was causing this as i never had these problems until i had that installed. I'll hold off installing it again for now as well.

Thats a very good point as TS Panel does modify certain core files from what I have read/heard,

Lets know how it goes m8 :)

OUt of curiosity, were you using both the built in softcam and TSpanel to change your cams or just one of them?

OUt of curiosity, were you using both the built in softcam and TSpanel to change your cams or just one of them?

On the DM800 I was using just the built in softcam and on the DM800SE I was using tspanel. If I swapped them round on both receivers they still didn't work properly

If you install a CAM using TSpanel, it is not controlled by the Softcam Manager. Nor does the Softcam Manager control the CAM started by TSpanel. You have to make sure both are setup as you want.

I find that Glass Utility works better. It checks running Cams before "interfering". It is also possible to create a cam script for mgcamd.

Back