Sunray Sun800 HD se

harrie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a new owner of a Sunray Sun800 HD se and have a number of questions, is this the correct place to ask questions or is there a more dedicated place for that?

Thx for your reply.

Grtz,

Harlequin

Next room down ;) moved it for you :)

Hello Ferret,

The first and most important question is where I can find the original firmware for the Sunray Sun800 hd se, I have tried all kind of images and none of them seem to work correctly with my device (tried several Openpli images, Blackhole, dreamelite etc.). Second question is what is meant with the SSL84 bootloader I keep reading about, as far as I can see it is most of the time included in the image but should I do somethingelse with it too?

I have also tried contacting alibaba.com since they seem to be distributing the device but they freeze up at my first question about firmware and their only reply is 'we only sell it and cannot help you any further'.

Sorry for the very newbie questions.

Greetz,

Harry

Hello Ferret,

The first and most important question is where I can find the original firmware for the Sunray Sun800 hd se, I have tried all kind of images and none of them seem to work correctly with my device (tried several Openpli images, Blackhole, dreamelite etc.). Second question is what is meant with the SSL84 bootloader I keep reading about, as far as I can see it is most of the time included in the image but should I do somethingelse with it too?

I have also tried contacting alibaba.com since they seem to be distributing the device but they freeze up at my first question about firmware and their only reply is 'we only sell it and cannot help you any further'.

Sorry for the very newbie questions.

Greetz,

Harry

You wont find original firmware that works on a Sunray clone mate, you need patched images prepared for your sim which should be sim2 in a Sunray but please check that.

Sim2 images are available in the download section.

Last edited:
Going by the introduction, he has a one with a cable tuner.

The images will work on both the sat/cable versions. It is just the configuration that will be different.

Unless it is sensitive information, please provide as much information as possible.
I am at this stage, these are the errors, I have tried x, y,z.

The more information provided, the better people will be able to help.

Last edited:
Hi Ferret,

when I say original software I mean the version it was sold with, some openpli version that much I can recall.

like I said, I have tried about 10+ different images of several teams but all of them have something that is not working. Some install but do not boot up correctly, others install successful but after updating to latest version go black (reboot, power cycle etc. do not work either). Another one does not detect the DVD-c tuner, or for some reason does not find all the channels. And then there are images that find all the channels but there is no sound and/or output to the screen. That is why I was looking for image that was on device when it left the factory, the patched clone image because that did work after all. Before I screwed it up :-(

greetz,

Harry

Is the sunray not shipped with the Russian image? Mine Was a few years back

gotta be openpli these days

All,

Thanks for all your replies, I have installed bhoywonder's image and that one works quite nice, I only have a problem with the addon menu option since it makes the device crash often (especially the 'Uitzending gemist' section, I am dutch so that would be a cherry on the pie in my case). That is not a disaster though since the basic features are more important to me and maybe it will be fixed in a future release.

Will try the Rat backup too and will let you know how that worked out.

Again thanks to you all for your great support.

Greetz,

Harry

All,

One thing that did not work I forgot to mention, since I have a device with a dvb-c tuner I have 2 connectors on the back: one for antenna in for the cable signal and one called antenna out to loop the antenna signal back to the TV set. For some reason i cannot got the antenna out port/connector to work so no tv-signal. So I do have a signal on the TV coming from the device but no signal to TV so i can for example record via device and watch TV via the tv-set itself (kind of like it was in the old days with the vcr). Is there a setting I have to swith on/off? Or is this normal since none of the images was able to do that OR worst case scenario the connector is fried :-(

Thanks again for the feedback.

Greetz,

Harry

sorry to hear its crashing on you mate

no idea why as it seems ok here sorry i cant help you with cable as do not have it

newer image soon

Back