Sunburn

wullie_b

Member ++
Reaction score
How annoying is bloody sunburn!?! I can't sleep or lie down. I can't even wear certain t-shirts because they scratch my sunburn. :Chainsaw: :Chainsaw:

cut up raw tomatos and place on the sun burn it will stop it

trust me

aftersun lotion, if not some cool cream or lotion, put it in the fridge for a little while. Then tomorrow get down the chemist and get something for it and next time your out in the sun, put some sun lotion on before you out or keep a t-shirt on.

next time your out in the sun said:
Not a bad idea! If you feel like you are burning when out in the sun - you probably are! Been there - done that, wish I had worn the t-shirt!! Hope the aftersun helps!

If you're lying down, soak a big towel in the bath and wring it out...but not too much! Put it on the bed and then lie down. Your body will soak up the water and it'll ease the pain too. Or keep a wet towel on your shoulders all the time.

Last edited:
Sunburnt in Glasgow: shocked2 Feck me! This global warming stuff must be true then.

"scotflag" "scotflag"

narabdela said:
Sunburnt in Glasgow: shocked2 Feck me! This global warming stuff must be true then.

"scotflag" "scotflag"

Usually you've got more chance of seeing a haggis running around in the wild than seeing a Glaswegian with sunburn! :Laugh:

Yip...the ozone layer's a bitch!

Last edited:
l will always remember a few lads and me getting abit pissed and a m8 falling asleep as we went to the shops for more beer but went to the pub instead , fook me 5 hours in the sun face up , i took a month for the swelling to go down and three months before he would speak to u again lol

I was on holiday in Faliraki with mates when I was 19. It was the early hours and we were mucking about on the beach with a group of girls ;) when we met a group of people that were in our appartments. Anyway, one of the lads found a lylo ( spelling :Laugh: ) and drifted out to sea on his front. He arrived back at the appartments about noon with massive blisters on the soles of his feel...ouch!

theres no point in staying indoors and keeping out of sun either, heading on holiday on sunday morning. And I tried some of the aftersun gel from Asda. Keep it in the fridges and then put it on. It takes your breath away, but man is it worth it :)

wullie_b said:
theres no point in staying indoors and keeping out of sun either, heading on holiday on sunday morning. And I tried some of the aftersun gel from Asda. Keep it in the fridges and then put it on. It takes your breath away, but man is it worth it :)

let this be a lesson to you....lol

Your off on holiday on Sunday...DON'T forget the sunlotion/aftersun, store it in the fridge and if your taking kiddies with you then use sunblock. Just a few other reminders for your hols....(in case your going abroad) take some calamine lotion, in case of sunburn. Piriton allergy tablets, these relieve the symptoms of hay fever, insect bites and stings and the usual basic first aid kit for travellers. And one last thing....

Have a good time :banana:

and I won't forget the Irn-Bru for hangovers :p It is a true fact that Irn-Bru cures hangovers...the caffeine in the drink relieves headaches, and the sugar etc replaces lost body fluid...wikipedia told me so

wullie_b said:
and I won't forget the Irn-Bru for hangovers :p It is a true fact that Irn-Bru cures hangovers...the caffeine in the drink relieves headaches, and the sugar etc replaces lost body fluid...wikipedia told me so

This has been a well known cure that Scots have known about for centuries! :Laugh:

Take some P20 with you, its' expensive but you can stay in the sun all day without burning and you only need to apply it once a day.

devilfish said:
This has been a well known cure that Scots have known about for centuries! :Laugh:

That explains why my boss never gets hangovers, I thought he had shares in the bl**dy stuff, he drinks it by the gallon - mind hes got no teeth left now cos of the sugar!!:Clap:

Back