sumvision cyclone micro 2+

thinking of getting something similar for my folks.
does it downmix DTS into stereo?

Yeah i got mine this morning mate 2 mins to setup and i was watching flawless 3d sbs films 2 minutes later, what a bargain these are, read about people having signal issues with the remote but this 1 is fine, using it from about 3m away and it works everytime, even works pointing in the wrong direction. What a cracking little device it is for under 30 quid, well it looks like my 2nd revo is going up for sale soon as this sumvision is fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey BIG-HOL you've probably flogged it by now :banana: but do you still recommend these? Reviews on T'Internet seem pretty good (remote not the best though?) but looking for your opinion please. Looking for a portable media player under 50 quid & saw this on ebuyer for £27.
Cheers HH.

version 3 is a £5 from that site i use above you, its worth the extra

i have 1 in my living room, 3 kids have them in there rooms, there fantastic mate, for the money you simply cant get any better, like you say the remotes arent the best but for playing files they cant be beat, i use a wd tv live in my bedroom as i needed a network media player to connect to my 4tb nas drive. what i done for the hard drives is buy a few peoples old sky boxes with the 500gb hard drive inside for around £10-£15 each that they didnt need anymore, people dont realise the hard drives inside them are worth alot more, lol, then i just bought them 3.5" hdd enclosure off ebay for around a 10er each, so ended up with 4 500gb media players for about £55 each, kids love them, cant go wrong, all still working as they should!

Thanks for the recommendation mate, I've ordered one from Amazon (had never heard of envizage & was nervous of ordering from them ;-) )
Cheers for posting back chaps, it's appreciated.
HH.

Arrived on Saturday, spent a few hours with it Sunday afternoon but the unit wasn't great for me. Fine from internal storage & SD card but sh!t from usb. Tried 3 different pen drives, diff file types, formatted as NTFS & Fat32 but would only seldom see the flash drive so I'm sending it back. Not sure if I should order another though since the first one was no good & the remote was pretty poor too, any more than about a metre away & no response from unit. Gonna have another look around.
HH.

definetely sounds dodgy mate, mine picks up sd cards, flash drives, micro sd cards, 2.5 hard drives, 3.5 hard drives, my remote also works from around 4 meters away in my living room, like i said i have 4 of them, and there all spot on, but mine are the older version, if you dont plan on using the added 8gb internal storage i would just go for the version 2+, iv also got a few family members i have bought these for for gifts, and they all love them.. but i know if my 1st device failed and didnt work properly i wouldnt have 4 of them in this house as it would put me off aswell.. for the money though in my eyes theres nothing that can beat them, even though there not perfect, but value wise theres nothing better!

Cheers BIG-HOL, I've ordered a 2+ see how that goes when it arrives, hopefully pain-free this time.
HH.

Haha didn't think to look here when i was looking for a media player, the cyclone 2+ was recommended on another completely different type of forum a few months ago. it is a cracking piece of kit everything i have put on disk has worked ok, remote is fine works from far end of our lounge.
i have a lan disk on the usb port and i ftp in from network through ethernet to put film tv progs for mrs.

like Big-Hol i can deffo recomend this

Arrived on Saturday, spent a few hours with it Sunday afternoon but the unit wasn't great for me. Fine from internal storage & SD card but sh!t from usb. Tried 3 different pen drives, diff file types, formatted as NTFS & Fat32 but would only seldom see the flash drive so I'm sending it back. Not sure if I should order another though since the first one was no good & the remote was pretty poor too, any more than about a metre away & no response from unit. Gonna have another look around.
HH.
Cyclone Micro 2+ arrived today & works great. Recognised every flash drive & hard drive I tried + played all the different file types I tried too. Remote seems a bit more responsive (certainly from further away) too. Looks great for the price.
Cheers for the advice in here.
HH.

Cyclone Micro 2+ arrived today & works great. Recognised every flash drive & hard drive I tried + played all the different file types I tried too. Remote seems a bit more responsive (certainly from further away) too. Looks great for the price.
Cheers for the advice in here.
HH.
nice 1 mate glad ya happy with it!

i use one every day for the wee lass, never let me down yet

A quick fix for the remote on the +2 is split it open its held togather by clips just use a plastic pry tool, once open you'll see a small spring which makes contact with the battery all i done with mine was put a blob of solder on the end of the spring to make a better connection and presto one working perfect remote hope this helps someone

Last edited:
feck me dude do you just sit and wait for me to post lol. Yeah it seems to make it more responsive i think the spring lose's its preasure against the battery thus lowering the voltage really like a bad earth on a car. Mine went tits up and after this mod its worked perfect i'm a good 12 foot away from the box

Back