sub 7s

Gary Jackson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has any of you guys noticed recently that there is a load of sub 7 trojans being thrown about?

I am only on the hub and digi-world with nothing else running and i have clocked up more than 70 attacks in under an hour.......

Gary

jesus gary,thats a lot of trojans m8......zooropa

:eek: phew I just run a check Gary and found none M8 :)

Ive been pretty clear aswell Gary...
I am only getting about 4-6 hits per hour which is pretty normal for me

yes gary m8 im getting hit alot too
and all im running is dw and the hub

morning all,
I have done a quick check and I appear to be clean,
I will do the computer this afternoon-----lol
cheers big-arth

where can i find out about trojans ?

i'm blissfully ignorant , and wouldn't know if i had them or not . can anybody explain briefly or point me in the right direction for a site that sums it up ?

cheers m8s

JDLover

They are little programs, that can be attached to any type of file.
They are in two parts the "Client" and the "Server".
What happens is that you may be sent a file to which the client is attached to, you open that file and the trojan comes out and opens a port on you PC....
Then the server side of the program which will already be running on the hackers PC scans ALL IP address's looking for an open port.
That is when you will see a lot of activity on your firewall, servers scanning your ip address looking for a client that has a port open.

If you are open, the hacker can gain access to your PC and basicly take full control of your PC

Hope that makes sense......??!!??

So a firewall is a must.............but keep it updated as there are new trojans coming out all the time.................there it goes again........2 more since this post has been made, arnt i popular.. :rolleyes:

Gary

Back