Suarez banned for 8 matches!

@ gasman he's prob said yer i did say little black man.. then said in my country its not ment like that as it here.
like i asked 4 french men 3 yrs ago were is the caca maison .. and got the **** knocked out of me.
he's half black himself his grandad is black.. y say somthink to piss ur own race off ?.. if i was with a big **** of white man and i said **** me ur a big white man.would i be racist ???.i grew up in tocky liverpool.i got called white honky and i called them big nigger's. the prick needs to grow up and get on with it... poor mans going to get ripped for this...

@ gasman he's prob said yer i did say little black man.. then said in my country its not ment like that as it here.
like i asked 4 french men 3 yrs ago were is the caca maison .. and got the **** knocked out of me.
he's half black himself his grandad is black.. y say somthink to piss ur own race off ?.. if i was with a big **** of white man and i said **** me ur a big white man.would i be racist ???.i grew up in tocky liverpool.i got called white honky and i called them big nigger's. the prick needs to grow up and get on with it... poor mans going to get ripped for this...

It's all iff's and probably at the minute speedy mate because as we stand we have no idea on what basis the FA came to their decision but still Liverpool post an article on their website that looks like it's been written by a ten year old and pointing at Evra saying he did it.
Ferguson summed it up when asked about it "i have nothing to say on the matter" maybe Daglish and LFC should have taken a similar stance instead of going on the offensive then this situation need not have blown up into an 8 match ban.

i just think its wrong.. seeing the news b4 j. terry if found not guilty the fa prob wont follow up the case ??
yet it was seen on you tube.. and the other wasnt even heard by any 1 even his team mates ??????. if this is the law am ****ed from now on

i just think its wrong.. seeing the news b4 j. terry if found not guilty the fa prob wont follow up the case ??
yet it was seen on you tube.. and the other wasnt even heard by any 1 even his team mates ??????. if this is the law am ****ed from now on

But this is all speculation as we stand because we have no idea what evidence is/was available. Chelsea as a club will ride this and under the carpet it will go and thats even if JT gets the book thrown at him.
Daglish and LFC take note :nopity:

its a complete joke... lets see the evidence. o yeah its a players word thats got him banned, no hard concrete evidence.

its a complete joke... lets see the evidence. o yeah its a players word thats got him banned, no hard concrete evidence.

Sounds like a quote straight off the Liverpool website :nopity:

What's this comment in aid of? I haven't read anything that should provoke this reaction. It's Christmas, calm down :)

Read that classy response but im not that easily offended so no harm done

A wise view on this comes from Des Kelly

My new T-shirt should be under the Christmas tree. I've asked Santa for one with the silhouette of a Premier League manager on it and the words 'blind', 'dumb' and 'irresponsible' printed underneath.

It's my protest against the protests. My stand against the embarrassing displays of boorishness and the idiotic, infantile statements made by men who are certainly intelligent enough to know better. Men like Kenny Dalglish and Andre Villas-Boas, for instance.

Shamefully, this duo's reaction to racism scandals involving players at their respective clubs has served to demonstrate football stands shoulder-to-shoulder in any campaign to eradicate racism within the game - unless it might inconveniently involve one of their own.

Then it's a witch-hunt, political posturing, a co-ordinated vendetta or the result of some other cockamamie conspiracy theory. And principles that should be enshrined for the greater good of the game are trampled underfoot in the mad rush of tribalism. What on earth were Liverpool Football Club thinking when they traipsed out in those pathetic screen-printed tops in support of Luis Suarez this week?

The Uruguayan had been banned by the Football Association for eight games for calling Patrice Evra a 'little black man' during a squabble on the pitch.

Suarez himself admitted he made the remark, yet argued it would be considered inoffensive in his native South America. So what? Ignorance isn't a justifiable defence and saying 'little black man' is not a purely descriptive phrase, as some at Liverpool have laughably attempted to argue.

It is a remark designed to belittle and demean and, in that context, it is racist language.

Moreover, Suarez hasn't just stepped off a plane from Montevideo. He joined Ajax in the Dutch league in 2007 so has - or should have - a grasp of what is, and what is not, acceptable outside of South America.

The FA's ban is harsh - but at least they sent out a message that these issues will be taken seriously and dealt with accordingly.

We saw Dalglish thinks otherwise. He led the puerile protests, even conducting television interviews in the cheap, rebellious Save Our Suarez clobber. Is this really what Liverpool FC is about - crusading for a footballer's right to call a fellow professional a 'little black man'?

I think not. It was self-interested rabble rousing of the unthinking kind. Liverpool is known as a club with a tradition of conducting itself with dignity, a reputation enhanced by the manner in which it dealt with the traumas of Hillsborough, thanks in no small part to the way Dalglish himself led the way.

But as statements go, this juvenile display was more in keeping with Rick from The Young Ones than an historic, global sporting institution.

Past custodians of Liverpool's image, like former chief executive and boardroom manipulator Peter Robinson, would surely have counselled against what occurred at Anfield, carefully steering the club away from such asinine exhibitionism. The current American owners should have shown some leadership with a quiet word.

As for Dalglish's teenage tweet that Suarez would 'never walk alone', that depends on the audience. If Suarez happens to find himself accompanied by a gaggle of small black men, I'd say he might find himself very much alone.

Liverpool are better than this. I find it hard to believe there were not fans of the club who felt genuine discomfort on seeing the T-shirt parade, or has football become so blindly tribal now that all good sense has been lost?

Best not ask Andre Villas-Boas for an objective view on racism in football. Chelsea have not been so crass as to print off 'JT is Innocent' shirts, but the manager has often been gushingly tactless in his comments about John Terry.

The England (yes, still) and Chelsea captain discovered he will face prosecution over allegations that he racially abused Anton Ferdinand at Loftus Road and is to appear at West London Magistrates' Court on February 1.

My own position on Terry has been consistently expressed on this page. To me, his explanation that he was only repeating a phrase denying he called Ferdinand 'a f****** black ****' appears to have more holes in it than The Beatles found in Blackburn, Lancashire, but the court will establish his guilt or innocence.

In the meantime, the honourable and decent thing for Terry to do would be to relinquish the captaincy of his country pending the outcome of the court case. Unsurprisingly, he has declined this option.

However, Villas-Boas's insistence that he 'will be fully supportive of JT whatever the outcome' of the court case is wilfully provocative.

So was the manager's boast that Terry's 'performances, commitment and concentration have increased since the incident' at Queens Park Rangers. Yep, there's nothing like a racism storm to focus the mind.

I find it particularly galling to read nausea-inducing twaddle that Terry is 'heroically' battling on as this scandal continues. He is continuing to do his job, no more, no less, and somewhat patchily too on the available evidence.

In many walks of life he would be suspended on full pay pending the outcome of the case, so he can consider himself fortunate to still be granted the opportunity to be beating his bare chest in front of a cheering crowd.

And we will be able to establish how 'heroic' he was if he is subsequently cleared completely of all charges.

But these issues should not be divided on club lines. They need to be addressed sensibly - which leads me on to Ian Wright. Thankfully, the former Arsenal striker proves you don't have to have a blind allegiance to a club or a cause to be misinformed.

On the Suarez decision, he declared: 'As it is, this could be said to have opened the way for any black player who might have an axe to grind to accuse others in a similar way (to Evra) - and that sets a very dangerous precedent indeed.'

Ah, that's better. Unbiased stupidity. It does exist.

Football is a wonderful sport and has the capacity to bring people together. But, contradictorily, when it comes to recrimination and poisonous hate the game has also been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Amid all the noise and incessant fury, it pays to accept there are times when your club, players and fans might be in the wrong. And to remember a conscience should not come in club colours.

Des Kelly: When it comes to crass protest, Kenny's been there, done that... and got the T-shirt | Mail Online

Very good observation on the Suarez and indeed Terry cases and hey while were at it lets have a look what Liverpool fans thought of racist comments when it happened to one of their own back in 2005

Jestrovich banned for 3 games for racially abusing Sissoko

Anyone following Stan Collymores twitter exposure of Liverpool fans well if not you should really take a look at his favorites page it ooozes class.

Twitter

He's basically done a search of tweets containing key words (monkey,nigger,evra being on the shortlist). Some real class posted there and would maybe have been acceptable back in the 80's which is a decade both club and fans alike have yet to drag themselves from.

Stick that in yer pipe n smoke it p3pcy :xmas:

Last edited:
The FA have released the report on the incident, 115 pages long :'( not read it all but come across quite a bit and it really does seem that its all based on only Evra's word as his evidence is supposedly more consistant than Suarez's!

In all the circumstances, we preferred the evidence of Mr Evra. His account was clear and consistent in all material respects. There is no basis for saying that he lied or was mistaken in what he heard. We found that Mr Evra's account is probably what happened.

Here is the summary of the report which covers almost every aspect relating to the matter

IX Summary
452. The length of these Reasons reflects the complexity of this case, the detailed arguments that have been put before us, and the entitlement of those involved to know why we reached the decision that we did.

453. It may be helpful if we summarise our Reasons, which we do as follows:
(1) Whether a player has used abusive or insulting words or behaviour is a matter for us to decide as a Regulatory Commission, having regard to all the
circumstances of the case. These circumstances include the fact that many players playing in England come from overseas, with a different language and culture. However, we apply the standards that we consider appropriate to games played in England under the FA Rules. Whether the words or behaviour are abusive or insulting is an objective matter; it does not depend on whether the alleged offender intended his words to be abusive or insulting (paragraphs 50 to 73 above).

(2) The burden of proof in this case is on the FA. The standard of proof is the flexible civil standard of the balance of probability. The more serious the allegation, taking into account the nature of the misconduct alleged and the content of the case, the greater the burden of evidence required to prove the matter. The FA accepted that the allegation against Mr Suarez was serious, as do we (paragraphs 74 to 80 above).

(3) We received expert evidence as to the use of the word "negro" in Uruguay and other areas of Latin America. It is often used as a noun to address people, whether family, friends or passers-by, and is widely seen as inoffensive. However, its use can also be offensive. It depends on the context. It is inoffensive when its use implies a sense of rapport or the attempt to create such rapport. However, if it were used, for example, with a sneer, then it might carry negative connotations. The Spanish language experts told us that if Mr Suarez said the things that Mr Evra alleged, they would be considered racially offensive in Uruguay and other regions of Latin America (paragraphs 162 to 202 above).

(4) Mr Evra was a credible witness. He gave his evidence in a calm, composed and clear way. It was, for the most part, consistent, although both he and Mr Suarez were understandably unable to remember every detail of the exchanges between them (paragraphs 229 to 234 above).

(5) Mr Suarez's evidence was unreliable in relation to matters of critical importance. It was, in part, inconsistent with the contemporaneous evidence, especially the video footage. For example, Mr Suarez said that he pinched Mr Evra's skin in an attempt to defuse the situation. He also said that his use of the word "negro" to address Mr Evra was conciliatory and friendly. We rejected that evidence. To describe his own behaviour in that way was unsustainable and simply incredible given that the players were engaged in an acrimonious argument. That this was put forward by Mr Suarez was surprising and seriously undermined the reliability of his evidence on other matters (paragraphs 235 to 267 above). There were also inconsistencies between his accounts given at different times as to what happened (paragraphs 282 to 318).

(6) It was argued for Mr Suarez that Mr Evra invented the allegations to exact vengeance for Mr Suarez's refusal to apologise for the foul on Mr Evra; that he did so knowing that the allegations were false and that the complaint, if upheld, would be damaging to a fellow professional, who Mr Evra did not think was a racist. We rejected this argument as implausible and inconsistent with our assessment of Mr Evra as a witness. No alternative explanation was suggested to us as to why Mr Evra would make the allegations if untrue (paragraphs 323 to 337).

(7) Mr Suarez fouled Mr Evra in the 58th minute of the game. In the 63rd minute, Mr Evra challenged Mr Suarez about the foul. Mr Evra used an offensive phrase, which did not have any racial element and which Mr Suarez did not hear. An acrimonious argument ensued in which both players had a go at each other. In the course of this confrontation, Mr Suarez used the words "negro" or "negros" seven times. He did so both before and after the referee had spoken to them and told them to calm down. Mr Suarez addressed Mr Evra as "negro". He also made other derogatory comments using the word. In the course of the argument, Mr Suarez also pinched Mr Evra's skin (which was not in itself insulting behaviour nor did it refer to Mr Evra's colour) and put his hand on the back of his head, which were part of Mr Suarez's attempts to wind up Mr Evra (paragraphs 346 to 384 above).

(8) Mr Suarez's comments were made in the heat of the moment in response to being confronted by Mr Evra about the foul. He did not use the word "negro" in a way that could reasonably be translated as "nigger". He used the word “negro” because Mr Evra is black (paragraphs 383, 274 above).

(9) Mr Suarez's words, which included a reference to Mr Evra's colour, were insulting. The use of insulting words which include a reference to another person's colour on a football pitch are wholly unacceptable (paragraphs 385 to 399 above).

(10) Had Mr Suarez been sent off for using insulting words (not including reference to a person's colour), he would have received an automatic two-match suspension. The guidance in the FA Rules suggested that our starting-point should be to double that sanction, ie a four-match suspension. However, we were entitled to increase or reduce the penalty further. We took account of various aggravating and mitigating factors. As for the aggravating factors, Mr Suarez used the word "negro" or "negros" seven times, in the course of an acrimonious argument, and went beyond simply addressing Mr Evra as "negro". Mr Suarez knew or ought to have known that these words were unacceptable, particularly in view of the FA-supported campaigns against all forms of racism in football. The words were targeted directly at Mr Evra, as part of Mr Suarez's attempts to wind him up. As for the mitigating factors, Mr Suarez had a clean record in relations to charges of this type. Mr Evra started the confrontation in the goalmouth, in response to which Mr Suarez used the insulting words. Mr Suarez is likely to suffer personal embarrassment as a result of his behaviour coming to light through this decision. He has in the past supported, and continues to support, a charitable project in South Africa designed to promote multi-racial football. He is likely to have learned a lesson through the experience of these proceedings, and said that he would not use the word "negro" on a football pitch in England in the future (paragraphs 401 to 440 above).

(11) Balancing all these factors, we imposed an eight-match ban, a £40,000 fine and gave Mr Suarez a warning as to his future conduct. We considered this to be an appropriate and proportionate penalty in all the circumstances (paragraphs 441 to 446 above).

Suarez has admitted to using the words and has not got a leg to stand on far as I can see and I would be very surprised to see him appeal now, reading section 3 it would seem the term negro can be used in Uruguay in an offensive manner. Section 5 relating to Suarez version of events is laughable really. He deserves everything he's got in my opinion.

as a liverpool fan said Evra should take it like a man LETS hope Suarez liverpool and there fans take it like man and this be the end of it
for me its a shame as he is one of the player i love to watch

yes evra take a racial attack like a man

unbilievable even for a mickey mouser

All suarez had to do in first place was apologise and explain what he meant, only now has he apologised after unbelievable statements from himself and Liverpool.

Suarez admitted he used the word 'negro', so it is not based on Evra's word alone.

He is probably not a racist, just stupid. It may be acceptable to say such words to black players in that context in Uruguay, but can anyone tell me how it is acceptable to say that in England (or Europe for that matter)? Using that as an excuse just makes himself and Liverpool look ignorant and stupid, the excuse in the statement released by Liverpool that 'his grandfather was black so he cant be racist' excuse, was just retarded on a whole new level.

I still do not understand how anyone, Liverpool or not, can say Suarez was not in the wrong

Last edited:
And now the fans are at it
BREAKING NEWS: Adeyemi in tears after alleged racial abuse at Anfield *2nd UPDATE* | Liverpool-Kop.com | Liverpool FC News, features, statistics and analysis
Wonder how KKKenny will deal with this ? Perhaps claim it was actually the fan that is the real victim as Adayemi might have misheard and anyway it was only the word negro and it was only used once !! Hey perhaps the fan was a plant that either the FA or Ferguson paid to stand in the kop and shout racial abuse.
The clubs been dragged down by it's initial handling of the Suarez case IMO and this looks like the backlash of the clubs statements and failure to punish Suarez. Comes across to me as the club condoning racism and if it's ok for the players to use the word negro whilst in a heated exchange why not the fans. #classless
Man up Adeyemi lol

Last edited:
Back