stupid question! but i cant get it and its driving me nuts lol

squig007

DW Member +
Reaction score
im trying to input a cline manually into my dads box and im trying to find the symbol : i have tried going through all the numbers but none have : can anyone shed any light how i get this symbol on an openbox remote ??

thansk in advance

squig007

you dont put the C: in mate ;)... entre the info after the C:

thats what i got to do any way ....

its not the c: there is a : in the middle of the host name , gere an example

C: haxstairs.fine:eu 34567 max7 sdsd121212sd

try 1 or 0 key . or write in windows note pad and save as CCcam.cfg onto a usb stick then menu update by usb and select CCcam update

tried 1 an o , nothing. the : isnt anywhere. the reason im trying this way is becasue the box will not update from usb no matter what i have tried. it's telling me there is nothing in the usb when i know there is . i have tried over and over again and i have downloade dnew cfg files to see if the file was faulty , i have evne tried various usb's . its really strange because there has never been any problem before

Are you sure you are selecting miscellaneous files when trying to upgrade by usb.
- Menu/
- Tools/
- Upgrade by Usb/
- Upgrade Mode-Misc Files/
- Select&Upgrade(ok)/
- CCcam.cfg(CCCam Plug)/
- Yellow to upgrade
- GO to Network Local setting and set it up with dynamic or fixed internal ip
- Check CCcam and you will see connection getting active

Might need a reboot for alterations to apply

Attachments

• cccam DW.zip
    152 bytes · Views: 14
Definately need to switch off at the mains then back on

edogg

Have you tried to update via the LAN tool?

Also is this an S9 or S10, there have been highlighted problems with the USB ports failing or causing issues with USB sticks on the S9. Have you also tried an external drive rather than a stick?

Last edited:
the file must be called CCcam.cfg exactly like this as this is how the openbox dumps the file so as exos says if the usb port is not being seen then use the lan tool
are you sure the file is named as above and not cccam.cfg.txt or cccam.txt.cfg which can happen with notepad

edogg

tried everything and it wont take the line - could this box be locked by the dealer it came from ?

so has it got a cccam.cfg file on it when you go menu>> CCcam setup is there an entry in there if there is goto tools and dump by usb and select cccam.cfg then you can edit it I have not heard of anyone locking a openbox as the software is closed i doubt it is possible

edogg

tried dumping it to usb - it wont do it it says theres nothing there when clearly there is a cline. i think there is a problem with the usb on the box

have you tried the lan tool like exos suggested and is the usb formatted to fat32. if it is faulty and less than 12 months old i would contact the seller about a replacement as they are guaranteed for 12 months

can you try the usb with a c line in another receiver
edogg

I have the same problem as Squig007. I cannot read any file (other than files with .abs extensions) from a usb stick inserted into the Openbox S9 receiver.
Squig007, did you solve your problem? If you did, please let me know because the problem is driving me nuts too! I just bought the OpenBox S9 a month ago.

Anyone with suggestions, feel free to add. Thanks.

from the menu you select upgrade by usb then press right on the remote at the top selection miscellaneous files which then gives a drop down of list of files to upload

In case you are not aware -

apart from the Openbox needing to find case-matched names for some files (not all) the Openbox will only look for matching files in the root of the USB stick or HDD.

Back