Stumbleupon

powerband

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sometime ago I installed a thing called stumbleupon.This is a tool which u tell ur interest's to and it randomly picks web pages(for when u really get bored)Any way I decided to remove it as I suspected that it had spyware attached to it.All was fine and it was uninstalled.Now every time i open reg cleaner to clean out my registry it is there,although I remove it and remove the back up it is still there.I have searched high and low for anything to do with this piece of crap and want it out of my system totally.Any one know how its doing this and how the *uck I get shot of it.
And i've tried adaware thingy aswell,I've done a search including hidden files.

Follow these steps to remove StumbleUpon from your machine. Begin by backing up your registry and your system, and/or setting a Restore Point, to prevent trouble if you make a mistake.
Unregister DLLs:

Unregister these DLLs with Regsvr32, then reboot:
stumbleupon.dll

Remove Files:
Remove these files (if present) with Windows Explorer:
stumbleupon.dll

How to unregister .dlls
You can use the Regsvr32 tool (Regsvr32.exe) to register and unregister object linking and embedding (OLE) controls such as dynamic-link library (DLL) or ActiveX Controls (OCX) files that are self-registerable.

RegSvr32.exe has the following command-line options:

Regsvr32 [/u] [/n] [/i[:cmdline]] dllname

/u - Unregister server<BR/>
/i - Call DllInstall passing it an optional [cmdline]; when used with /u calls dll uninstall
/n - do not call DllRegisterServer; this option must be used with /i

When you use Regsvr32.exe, it attempts to load the component and call its DLLSelfRegister function. If this attempt is successful, Regsvr32.exe displays a dialog indicating success. If the attempt is unsuccessful, Regsvr32.exe returns an error message, which may include a Win32 error code.

Example: To unregister Winshow's winshow.dll:
Click the Start button, and select Run
Enter this command line:

regsvr32 /u [systemroot]\winshow.dll

For example, in a Windows XP machine in which your systemroot was at c:\winnt, you would enter:

regsvr32 /u c:\winnt\winshow.dll

ah remember this glad i never bothered with it
u never told me u were having grief with said program m8.

Here's a strange 1.The day I started this thread I was keeping an eye on me registry and removing Stumbleupon every time I opened regcleaner.Then I started this thread followed by a particularly splendid E-mail to the stumbleupon people.Since then it has never returned to my registry.How strange is that,I haven't yet had a e-mail back from stumbleupon either.
But thanx for the info Karma I'll keep an eye on it and use it should stumbleupon return.

Maybe just a coincidence, but if they would have accessed your registry from outside i'd be like bombing them back to the stoneage :)

Back