stuck with willem

what id should it give me????

from memeroy the ID was ATMEL for some and HITACHI for others, Also what version of willem software are you using? I will post a pic of my setting in a few mins as they differ from davidh's, not saying his are wrong as they obvious;ly work but so does my setup so worth a try.

i searched and came across your earlier thread...can you send me a 2000 dump so i no what it should look like?? i have them discs you sent me if you remember but my file system isn't up to much and not got a clue where i put them...

i searched and came across your earlier thread...can you send me a 2000 dump so i no what it should look like?? i have them discs you sent me if you remember but my file system isn't up to much and not got a clue where i put them...

Yeah, I still actually still have your dumps here.

what version of willem software are you using?

heres my settings:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I use eprom 0.97g and select device: 29LV160

Also prolly a silly question but do you have the chip in he correct way?

4.jpg

Do you have an email for the dumps or pm?

EDIT: BTW, I have used 2 differrent power supplys:

OUTPUT: 10V - 1.2A

and a

OUTPUT: 12V - 1A

Last edited:
i'm only using 500ma power supply other than that my setup is the same as your's mate,, i'll pm you my email addy... thanks

I had a lot of problems with my willem 4.5. The only way i could get a good dump was to id the chip which was ok, then turn my power supply off then back on and read the chip.

I had a lot of problems with my willem 4.5. The only way i could get a good dump was to id the chip which was ok, then turn my power supply off then back on and read the chip.

i'll give that a go mate.. ive tried 4 different power supplies.. card id ok.. tried all different dip settings..... the only thing i havn't done is connect a 24v supply.. but i don't no if thats too much for the programmer....

just an update::: now tried it with a tested output 21v supply and still nothing... if anyone would be kind enough to try read these atties at least i would no whether they are duff or my programmer is....

yes i'm still trying it.. TROOPY ive found that dumps disk mate..
a question.. does the config file on the willem programme need to set up ? or does it set itself???

yes i'm still trying it.. TROOPY ive found that dumps disk mate..
a question.. does the config file on the willem programme need to set up ? or does it set itself???

HiYa,
I've never set anything other than the chip to 29lv160 which software are you trying did you change from 097ja to 097g?

Also tried mine on 12v 500mA 6VA MAX supply with no probs also knocked it down to 9v and read o k

tried it on ja, g on both 29lv160 and at49lv1614.. doesn't matter what i do i can't get a proper read.. it says its read . i'm beggining to think iv fooked the chips somehow while trying to get settings right.. or ive got a dicky programmer...i might be sending you the chips mate.. could do with knowing if its them or the proggy...a thought, don't suppose it could be the parallel cable could it???

tried it on ja, g on both 29lv160 and at49lv1614.. doesn't matter what i do i can't get a proper read.. it says its read . i'm beggining to think iv fooked the chips somehow while trying to get settings right.. or ive got a dicky programmer...i might be sending you the chips mate.. could do with knowing if its them or the proggy...a thought, don't suppose it could be the parallel cable could it???

go into the bios and see what the parallel port is set at
try epp

tried that last night davidh...i'm back to a 12v power supply. checked the chip is seated correctly...read the chip, then verified it..don't no if thats good or bad... but it tells me errors
error at 0x000000 chip=0x58 buffer= 0x00
does that mean anything to anybody?????

tried that last night davidh...i'm back to a 12v power supply. checked the chip is seated correctly...read the chip, then verified it..don't no if thats good or bad... but it tells me errors
error at 0x000000 chip=0x58 buffer= 0x00
does that mean anything to anybody?????

Did both the chips ID correctly before you read them mate?

first supply 12v 300ma second supply 12v 500ma.. is that enough????i'm going to have to try my modem lead .

try a 12v 800ms psu much much better a tw modem sb5100e modem psu is ideal

try earsaing the chip about 8 times m8..before write also have you tried windows poll looping reg file

thanks for all the help guys much appreciated.. i think with all my messing about with settings iv done the atties in... against my better judgement and with half a bottle of wine in me ive decided to attack another box... lifted them ..read them first time with the setup ive been given on here . then replaced them ..what a ba****d . i had to drink the other half a bottle to get my hand steady enough....but its up and running.....thanks to you all..
one question .. the chips iv just done are the lv chips and i'm having probs with the 49 chip.. could that be the difference ???? or have i just buggered the other atties and need to re-write a new dump to them.....?????

i'm back again..ive got it reading .. the first chips i had trouble with ive descided to erase and write new dumps to... they won't erase and won't write.. anyone give me a guide ? ive tried it with the vpp open next to the tsop socket. still nothing just comes up error

i'm back again..ive got it reading .. the first chips i had trouble with ive descided to erase and write new dumps to... they won't erase and won't write.. anyone give me a guide ? ive tried it with the vpp open next to the tsop socket. still nothing just comes up error

you have to erase a few times then check a emtpy.

erased loads of times, still not completely clean chip...do i have to alter any jumpers or settings to erase???

Back