Stuck-in-traffic Lusardi dials 999

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Former glamour girl Linda Lusardi dialled 999 when heavy traffic threatened to make her late for a pantomime performance of Snow White, police said.

2243353953-stuck-traffic-lusardi-dials-999.jpg

When Lusardi's car hit jams on the M25 this weekend she feared missing the opening curtain of the show in which she is starring as the Wicked Queen.

However, instead of waiting patiently, she called the emergency services asking for permission to drive down the hard shoulder and undertake the queue of stationary vehicles.

The incident took place on Saturday as the 50-year-old former Page 3 model headed to the Swan Theatre, High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire for the matinee performance.

A spokeswoman from Hertfordshire Police said: "She called us at 1.30pm on Saturday asking for permission to use the hard shoulder. Obviously, we declined. 999 is for emergencies only.

"There hadn't been an accident, it was just heavy traffic.

"If someone was very ill or pregnant expecting a child we might be able to facilitate something like that - in an emergency - but clearly getting to a pantomime doesn't constitute that."

Richard Linford, from Qdos Entertainment managing Lusardi's pantomime production, told the Daily Mail: "Miss Lusardi has no comment to make. But I can say everybody's human and we don't all run like robots."

Hertfordshire Police used Lusardi's actions to remind the public what the emergency services number is there for.

A spokesman said: "Being late for work is not a reason to call 999, contact the police or use emergency measures. Use of the hard shoulder is restricted for emergency service vehicles only."

Thats just daft but this crowd are as bad if not worse.

A priest dialled 999 when staff at Manchester Airport's WHSmith would not allow him to use the toilet, police have revealed.
It was one of many "frivolous" calls made to Greater Manchester Police (GMP), which dealt with 5,000 emergency reports over Christmas.
The force has urged the public not to dial 999 for "ridiculous" reasons.
One woman complained she was unable to get through to Strictly Come Dancing to vote for Tom Chambers in the final. While a hoax caller reported Santa was breaking into a house with Rudolf.

Police also received a 999 call from a man who complained staff at a takeaway had wrongly put mushrooms on his pizza.
Another caller dialled the number to ask for chemist opening times.
Supt Karen Lee said: "I don't want a person to call 999 and be delayed because someone else is calling to report something that is not an emergency or, worse still, that is completely ridiculous and a deliberate joke.
"People dialling 999 for non-emergency calls can put lives at risk because it could delay someone who really needs urgent help getting through."
During the festive period officers have so far dealt with 72 hoax calls.
With New Year's Eve the force's "busiest night", police have warned they do not want to have their time wasted.
Supt Lee added: "People calling 999 for non-emergencies and silly pranks can have a major impact on members of the public who need the police." Last New Year GMP dealt with more than 3,000 emergency calls in six hours after midnight, and thousands more were taken on the force's non-emergency numbers.

BBC

Isnt there a number for non-emergency calls to the Police? I could have sworn there was something like 111 or 101 for this sort of non-event.

I believe someone called 999 last Saturday because they couldn't put the Lottery on.

Isnt there a number for non-emergency calls to the Police? I could have sworn there was something like 111 or 101 for this sort of non-event.

Just the 0845 number AFAIK. The 112 thing is just an alt' number for 999, same as 911. These numbers work over here so as not confuse the foreigners/tourists I believe...?

I remember seeing her in the first gulf war with Sam Fox

All four of them were lovely ;)

Hard to believe she is 50 !! :FRIGHT:

Back