Street star Sanderson quits soap

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Sanderson's soap character Candice Stowe began as a bit part
Coronation Street actress Nikki Sanderson, who plays Candice Stowe, is quitting the ITV soap for a pop career.
Sanderson, 21, will leave the series this autumn after six years. "It is time for me and Candice to leave the cobbles on a high," she said.

She began with a bit part as a friend of character Sarah Platt, but her role was expanded due to her popularity.

Her decision followed the departure of partner Danny Young, who played on-screen boyfriend Warren Baldwin.

'Great ambition'

Coronation Street producer Tony Wood said: "Nikki has been a real asset to the show and the writers have had great fun writing for Candice."

He added: "Candice is a character with a great deal of ambition and we felt it was not believable that she would stay in Weatherfield forever."

Sanderson said she was keen to launch a pop career. "I have had the most fantastic and memorable time here at Corrie," she said.

"I am excited about what the future holds and I'd like to thank everybody for the fantastic opportunities I have been given."

Back