stream box to iphone app

pspmixer

Inactive User
Reaction score
looking for a iphone app which can stream my vu solo 2 box to my phone currently got the vu + app working but cant work it on 3g or 4g
I want app which can work on 3g or 4g , there are lts of apps which can stream but don't know which is best and can stream n 3g or 4g
hope someone can help me out thanks

You need dyndns service and open port in router if you want it to work from outside your home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking for a iphone app which can stream my vu solo 2 box to my phone currently got the vu + app working but cant work it on 3g or 4g
I want app which can work on 3g or 4g , there are lts of apps which can stream but don't know which is best and can stream n 3g or 4g
hope someone can help me out thanks

Hi there are 2 main apps that i use and that work great.
1)Blackbox £4.95 from app store..Great app does everything even streams HD channels great UI.
2)VU player free.not bad for a free app works well to some extent but much better at streaming only SD channels not much cop with HD.

both very easy to set up just need to put in the IP address of box plus image name (root)and password(dreambox or blank)

hi is there a guide on how to set this up anywere as id like to try it myself,thanks

I still cant get it work out side my house wifi
how can I get it to do that

On selected receivers, such as the Vu+ Solo2, you can enable the transcoding function. This will enable streaming on an alternate port with the ability to watch HD channels with reduced bit rate. This function is experimental and still under development.
It will also depend on what image you have installed on your box.I believe that there is a genelalized issue with using transcoding on any VU+ boxes due to a driver issue known to VU but they have not yet sorted it out.

so in a nutshell you would need to set up transcoding on your box to view a stream over a network that's not your home network

On selected receivers, such as the Vu+ Solo2, you can enable the transcoding function. This will enable streaming on an alternate port with the ability to watch HD channels with reduced bit rate. This function is experimental and still under development.
It will also depend on what image you have installed on your box.I believe that there is a genelalized issue with using transcoding on any VU+ boxes due to a driver issue known to VU but they have not yet sorted it out.

so in a nutshell you would need to set up transcoding on your box to view a stream over a network that's not your home network
how do you do that

Back