Straw in claim over abuse targets

reggie124

Inactive User
Reaction score
8 January 2011 04:35am
Former home secretary Jack Straw has accused some Pakistani men in Britain of seeing white girls as "easy meat" for sexual abuse.

The Blackburn MP talked of a "specific problem" involving Pakistani men and called on the community to be "more open" about the issue.

He was speaking after two Asian men who subjected a series of vulnerable girls to rapes and sexual assaults were given indefinite jail terms.

Abid Mohammed Saddique, 27, was jailed for a minimum of 11 years at Nottingham Crown Court and Mohammed Romaan Liaqat, 28, was told he must serve at least eight years before being considered for release. The men were the prime movers in a group of men who befriended girls aged from 12 to 18 in the Derby area and groomed them for sex.

Mr Straw told the BBC's Newsnight programme: "Pakistanis, let's be clear, are not the only people who commit sexual offences, and overwhelmingly the sex offenders' wings of prisons are full of white sex offenders.

"But there is a specific problem which involves Pakistani heritage men... who target vulnerable young white girls.

"We need to get the Pakistani community to think much more clearly about why this is going on and to be more open about the problems that are leading to a number of Pakistani heritage men thinking it is OK to target white girls in this way."

The judge said he did not believe the crimes were "racially aggravated", but Mr Straw said he thought vulnerable white girls were at risk of being targeted by some Asian men.

Mr Straw's comments drew criticism from senior Labour colleague Keith Vaz - who said it was wrong to "stereotype a whole community" and questioned why the ex-home secretary had not spoken out previously.

The Leicester East MP, who chairs the Commons Home Affairs Select Committee, said he did not believe there was a "cultural problem" and called for a high-level investigation of such grooming across the UK

Straw in claim over abuse targets - News - Virgin Media

Some white girls are 'easy meat' for abuse

Former home secretary Jack Straw has said some UK Pakistani men see white girls as "easy meat" for sex abuse.

The Blackburn MP was speaking after two Asian men who abused girls in Derby were given indeterminate jail terms.

He said there was a "specific problem" in some areas where Pakistani men "target vulnerable white girls".

But Keith Vaz, chairman of the home affairs select committee, said it was not a cultural problem and it was wrong to stereotype a whole community.

And Barnados chief executive Martin Narey said the case was more about vulnerable children of all races who were at risk from abuse.

On Friday, Mohammed Liaqat, 28, and Abid Saddique, 27, were jailed at Nottingham Crown Court after being found guilty at a trial in November of charges including rape.

The judge in the case said the race of the victims and their abusers was "coincidental".

However, speaking on the BBC's Newsnight programme after the case, Mr Straw said vulnerable white girls were at risk of being targeted by some Asian men.

He said his own constituency was one of the areas where it was a problem and called on the Pakistani community to be "more open" about the abuse.

He said: "Pakistanis, let's be clear, are not the only people who commit sexual offences, and overwhelmingly the sex offenders' wings of prisons are full of white sex offenders.

"But there is a specific problem which involves Pakistani heritage men... who target vulnerable young white girls.

"We need to get the Pakistani community to think much more clearly about why this is going on and to be more open about the problems that are leading to a number of Pakistani heritage men thinking it is OK to target white girls in this way."

Mr Straw added: "These young men are in a western society, in any event, they act like any other young men, they're fizzing and popping with testosterone, they want some outlet for that, but Pakistani heritage girls are off-limits and they are expected to marry a Pakistani girl from Pakistan, typically," he said.

"So they then seek other avenues and they see these young women, white girls who are vulnerable, some of them in care... who they think are easy meat.

"Because they're vulnerable they ply them with gifts, they give them drugs, and then of course they're trapped."

But Mr Vaz, who said he represented many men of Pakistani origin in his Leicester constituency, stressed the judge in the Derby case had said the crimes were not "racially aggravated".

He told the BBC's Today programme: "What I don't think we can do is say that this is a cultural problem. One can accept the evidence which is put before us about patterns and networks but to go that step further I think is pretty dangerous."

He added: "Why didn't Jack Straw say something about this (before)? He has represented Blackburn for 31 years, he's been the home secretary."

Liaqat and Saddique were the ringleaders of a gang which groomed and abused teenage girls, ranging in age from 12 to 18.

Many of the gang's victims were given alcohol or drugs before being forced to have sex in cars, rented houses or hotels across the Midlands.

Saddique, from Normanton, Derby, was jailed for at least 11 years and Liaqat, from the Sinfin area of the city, was locked up for a minimum of eight years.

Six other men had already been sentenced for their part in the abuse.
'Self-fulfilling prophecy'

Mohammed Shafiq, director of the Muslim youth group the Ramadhan Foundation, said the abuse was fuelled by racism in parts of the Asian community.

"There is a perception that some of these young men do not see white girls as equal, as valuable, of high moral standing as they see their own daughters, and their own sisters, and I think that's wrong," he said.

"It's a form of racism that's abhorrent in a civilised society."

Martin Narey, chief executive of Barnardo's, said: "If there is one good thing which comes out of the Derby case it's that police will realise it's happening everywhere. It's happening in towns and cities wherever there are vulnerable girls, and in some cases boys."

But he said: "I certainly don't think it's just a Pakistani thing. My staff would say there is an over-representation of people from ethnic minority groups among perpetrators - Afghans, people from Arabic nations, Pakistanis. But it's not just one nation."

He called for more research and said: "I don't think this is so much about targeting white girls - because there black girls are also victims - it's about targeting vulnerable, isolated girls.

"And I don't sign up to the proposition that these men convicted yesterday would not have abused a vulnerable Asian girl if one had been available to them."

BBC News - Jack Straw: Some white girls are 'easy meat' for abuse

Re: Some white girls are 'easy meat' for abuse

This wont go down well with the paki community..

I know this is the only case in the pipeline but the eastern europeans have been pimping "white girls" for years.. and there is more white men in prison for this crime than any other..

And a labour mp coming out with what could be seen as far right comments.. umm

Absurd! The white girls i know would never jump in a car with these scum and do drugs etc. It boils down to the individuals, you can't generalise about other white girls because a few of them were abused?

talking out ouf his ass,he says some white girls are easy so do that make it ok,does it fook

These girls were probably homeless and were groomed by these people and then abused, I don't think it is a general problem but ethnic groups do have different views on women and whet is considered right and wrong based on there culture.
Bit of a severe comment for an MP to make though.

hey a handful of paki men get convicted. It makes national headlines. Politicians then start lecturing to minority communities about controlling their people!
its the job off the police and the victims to bring these scumbags to court

it's a worldwide problem, and isn't contained in any one culture. lots of eastern european women get trafficked as well, and illegal immigrants from anywhere really are easy prey, they get promised jobs etc and a fresh start when in reality they end up prisoners and forced into prostitution :(

it is racist.... well when they get the sh*t kicked out of em in prison for being kiddie fiddlers then that will be considered racist also

never mind the amount of lives ruined by pakistani men who find white english women more attractive than their own race

happens in Birmingham also pakistani men / teenagers having younger white women and keeping em drugged up like zombies god knows doing what to em

just shows in this country english white females are down the list of priorities and further behind political correctness

if you want to see ripe trafficking then go to cyprus where mafia's run whore houses full of eastern european girls

Grooming of any young girls,whatever colour or creed they are, is wrong.Also whoever grooms them,whatever colour or creed they are is, wrong.The penalties dished out to these scum is wrong full stop!!Hang the Bastards is the answer,then it might stop!!!!

Like all pedo's they will be on rule 43 the nonce wing,where they will eat plenty of piss and cob in their food.

But why not just move to an Islamic country where this sort of thing is legal.
silly boys

lol.

this is on about my town, its been going on for ages, it was in the paper a few years back, 4 page spread and not one of them called the paedo`s , which is what they are, not just gangs of asian men luring young girls into cars, they are organized pedophiles who happen to be mainly from the asian community.

only one person mentioned paedophiles and that was an asian shopkeeper.

line em up and shoot the fookers..............

lol.

this is on about my town, its been going on for ages, it was in the paper a few years back, 4 page spread and not one of them called the paedo`s , which is what they are, not just gangs of asian men luring young girls into cars, they are organized pedophiles who happen to be mainly from the asian community.

only one person mentioned paedophiles and that was an asian shopkeeper.

line em up and shoot the fookers..............

True story, happens in oldham and has for years.. most probably all married aswell..

If i did it to an asian (not generalising) women there would be uproar.. more so than is with this story..

off to park outside the college..

Absurd! The white girls i know would never jump in a car with these scum and do drugs etc. It boils down to the individuals, you can't generalise about other white girls because a few of them were abused?

Come to Stoke. I see it all the time here, usually at night, most of the girls hanging outside the take aways talking the young pakistani lads in their taxis who are usually smoking a joint or rolling a joint or doing something they shouldn't be. Come visit sometime, i'll show you where it all happens.

Last edited:

Come to Stoke. I see it all the time here, usually at night, most of the girls hanging outside the take aways talking the young pakistani lads in their taxis who are usually smoking a joint or rolling a joint or doing something they shouldn't be. Come visit sometime, i'll show you where it all happens.

The white girls i know

These things go on, i've noticed a lot of asian girls with white boyfriends around town, yet in front of their parents, they scarf up and act religious.

That pisses me off.

Theses girls you talking about are they under age. i think we going off topic now

New tonight about arrest of 9 Asians for the same thing in Rochdale.
Even the Asian community said certain Asian Men do this because they can and it's easy.
What would happen if it was the other way round White men and Asian Women, feck me the sh1t would really hit the fan.

New tonight about arrest of 9 Asians for the same thing in Rochdale.
Even the Asian community said certain Asian Men do this because they can and it's easy.
What would happen if it was the other way round White men and Asian Women, feck me the sh1t would really hit the fan.

The Asian men, aged between 20 and 40 from Rochdale and Heywood, were arrested on 21 December.
They have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

Another reason added to the list why we should send them back

The Asian men, aged between 20 and 40 from Rochdale and Heywood, were arrested on 21 December.
They have been released on police bail pending further inquiries.

Another reason added to the list why we should send them back

What send them back to The milkstone road area of rochdale from the town centre..

70-80% of young asians are born in the country.. We cant do nothing about immigration nomore.. it's past the point of no return.. As the system as been played with regards to giving birth and staying to look after their young ones..

Everyone needs to move to the far right and stop pissing about on the left hand side of the road..

Theses girls you talking about are they under age. i think we going off topic now

I'm guessing here and I would say they are aged between 14-16. I know for definite that they have sex with underage girls in this area due to my old friends step daughter getting pregnant at 14. She had the baby much to the disgust of my friend. Visit Stoke and come to the many takeaways around the Longton/Dresden/Normacot area and you'll see for yourself especially on Friday and Saturday nights.

Back