Strange issue with updates

It's an issue with either the new kernel or the drivers.

Only usually noticeable if you are using the hdmi pass through on an xbox one.

If you change the Video output from HDMI to say SCART can you see what happens? Then when in SCART change the mode or whatever it's called that allows you to switch between RGB, S-Video etc... and again see what happens. Each time after making the change change the Video output back to HDMI to do your final testing.

What I've typed might sound ridiculous but as I said before I seem to recall something similar before but can't quite remember the exact details.
I was able to get this green screen when video output set to SCART and color format set to YPbPr (or something like that).

I was using a SCART cable at this time because i'm working on a cable box elsewhere on a TV that only has SCART (no HDMI).

I'm not sure if this would make a difference at all when using HDMI cable on it's own (ie without scart or using a pass-through on an xbox as mentioned by Evo).

I was able to get this green screen when video output set to SCART and color format set to YPbPr (or something like that).

I was using a SCART cable at this time because i'm working on a cable box elsewhere on a TV that only has SCART (no HDMI).

I'm not sure if this would make a difference at all when using HDMI cable on it's own (ie without scart or using a pass-through on an xbox as mentioned by Evo).

Thanks guys. I think it must have something to do with the scart cable I have connected for the video sender, I will disconnect all and flash again with 25.if that doesn't work I will change the HDMI cable, if that fails I don't know what else I can do other than stay on 24. I posted the issue on WOS and nobody seems to have any problems.

Cheers K

Thanks guys. I think it must have something to do with the scart cable I have connected for the video sender, I will disconnect all and flash again with 25.if that doesn't work I will change the HDMI cable, if that fails I don't know what else I can do other than stay on 24. I posted the issue on WOS and nobody seems to have any problems.

Cheers K
I agree. Try again with latest image 29 with just the hdmi connected directly between box and TV and nothing in scart.

If that works fine then just put box into standby and connect your scart as you did before and turn back on and see if green comes back or not.

If this is an issue when using scart due to (by looks of thing new drivers/kernel) then not many may have that problem as most would be using hdmi so that may explain why it seems no one has same problem as you. It could even be it only happens when using hdmi and scart at same time which would obviously narrow down amount of people affected by this green problem.

this is really flocking annoying me now.

clean flash (without restoring settings), removed all other cables apart from HDMI, no change
flash and restore settings without cabels, no change
Tried a different HDMI cable, no change
Tried flashing with a different usb stick, no Change
messed about with the AV settings, no change

gave up and flashed back 24, picture is perfect. do not understand this at all.

K

I'd just keep it on 24.

There must be a bug or something in new drivers and/or kernel that is affecting only a small (by the looks of things) solo2's.

However, I've just thought and the only other thing in common between pre and post 25 is your TV. If you feel like doing it then you could try 25+ on another TV. Just take box to another TV which has HDMI after you have flashed it and turn it on and see if it's green. You don't need sat feed as it will still be green even without I'd have thought.

Personally though, I don't think it's your TV at all but it's only thing left and I guess it's possible (however unlikely) that a new video driver update with 25+ is causing your box to send weird/corrupted signals that affect certain TVs (ie yours). As I said though, its most likely not related to your TV at all.

Mate, I was very close to throwing it in the skip, I was back to 24 all good, them I cut the power to the box to set up my external tuner, turn back on and it wouldn't start just stayed on the first screen, the only way I could get it to boot was to flash a new image and not power it off. luckily enough I had made a backup of good old 808 on my pc and put that on a USB and flashed. now I can power off with no problem. my display is good, my external tuner is working. all is well

Going the opposite direction to everyone else lol, but at least I have my stable box back again

leaving mine on 808 for now, not touching apollo again. maybe when the next god comes along i might give it a try

I have no probs on 24 with my solo2. I'm holding off going to 25+ until there is a specific reason/fix that would benefit me which by then hopefully the teething probs will be sorted by then.

I do have a image backup on my laptop and usb just in case haha.

Back