Stability of Technomate 5402 HD

How many different channels are on the same tp that you really want to watch?

I KNOW that doesnt concern many but bought 5402 for this reason :

AB3/ 5w with bistv card, you get a great choice of channels CONCENTRETED on 3/4 transponders !!! thanks to my 5402 I very often record M6 and/or W9 NT1 or TMC while watching TF1 !!!!

I KNOW that doesnt concern many but bought 5402 for this reason :

AB3/ 5w with bistv card, you get a great choice of channels CONCENTRETED on 3/4 transponders !!! thanks to my 5402 I very often record M6 and/or W9 NT1 or TMC while watching TF1 !!!!

Theres really something worth recording and watching on that sat at the same time?

Theres really something worth recording and watching on that sat at the same time?

not all satellites have the huge 'waste' of channels like sly uk do, all the +1, +1.5, channels showing the same programme 3 times in 12 hours, every day of the week

some providors (TFC on 5W for example) have about 8 channels all on the one transponder, thats an entire package, , so you could record 3 primetime shows while watching another

the DM8000 can have 4 tuners, and some people actually have them all full

Dont want too many channels on 1 tp matey!

yeah, that right the less is better but on 5w bis quality is more than OK, on hotbird they swap to dvb-s2 at the end of this week to improve quality as it is at the moment hardly watchable; the channels mentioned in my previous post are if you like the bbc1 and 2 itv1 and 2 and five all on the same transponder and YES sometimes (NOT everyday) programs worth watching on more than one channels on prime times !

http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-bis.php

Last edited:

thats how some of the smaller providors work though m8, if you think of something like TFC, or SUNtv, their entire package is squeezed onto a single transponder. I fit TFC systems, and the receiver only has 8 channels on it, and thats it, the whole package, as its programmed to only find those channels

if you think of a sly digibox, it only shows you the channels its meant to, years ago, one of the so called 'adult' channels test channel could be added to sly via the 'add channels' menu, and as installers, we used to charge customers £20 to 'add' this channel for them, with no guarantees as to how long itd last. but, this shows that on sly, theres more available than you see on a digibox, theres loads of czech stuff that most uk viewers dont see

people in the uk have had so much for so long that theyre spoilt

i remember the excitement the night channel five started, as for years id only had 3.5 channels, then i got hooked on sunset beach and lost all my friends, and thats why i dont watch telly any more lol

How many different channels are on the same tp that you really want to watch?

For myself Tring & JSC are two that I record regularly that are on the same transponder.

I work shifts so haven't missed too many football matches because of this feature.

For myself Tring & JSC are two that I record regularly that are on the same transponder.

I work shifts so haven't missed too many football matches because of this feature.

And both providers prove my point above, quality not the best.
Jsc especially bad.

Is the 5402 HD a replacement to the TM800?

the spec for the 5402 seems higher but its cheaper than the TM800, any reason for this?

Regards

Theblueirish

Ah ok,
Have only ever used CCcam on Linux machines, any difference to using on a non Linux machine?

Back