Stability of Technomate 5402 HD

linsladeboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am suffering from disconnection issues on my Spiderbox HD box for no apparent reason and have had enough of it. I know it's not my set up as it was running fine previously on my Dreambox 500S.
Can anyone recommend me 5402 HD as an alternative replacement?
Any feedback would be most welcome:Clap:

I have tested both receivers.

Go for Tm5402hd. I have no connection issues with this box. Plus it's much much faster than the Spider.

The only downside is pictures quality , even HD ones , not as good as Spider HD. Spider HD gives much better picture.

Hope this helps a bit.

Also disable the Fan control as the fan is Annoying like Hell....(sound)
Technomate, could you please invest more in the fan ????

TM5402HD besides the fan making noise is a very nice receiver

Would like to see a NAS connection setup, would be very nice
Recording over the network

I have tested both receivers.

Go for Tm5402hd. I have no connection issues with this box. Plus it's much much faster than the Spider.

The only downside is pictures quality , even HD ones , not as good as Spider HD. Spider HD gives much better picture.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hi mate, thanks for feedback,I've just sold Spiderbox on Fleabay.Is picture quality really not as good on Technomate?
Really surprised at that comment, I would have thought that with a reputable company like Technomate you would get similar quality at least.
Was about to place an order tomorrow for 5402 HD but now have my doubts:thumbdown

The TM5402HD has an excellent picture quality.

And very FAST zapping times.Easy editing of channels, etc ...
Also a very good support behind it (original & patched firmware)

I do not agree, the picture quality is excellent !

Was also surprised with that comment ... the 5402/6902 and 7102 are 1080 P and give great picture quality on full HDTVs . I need to add I am quite pleased with SD channels as well. But thats only my point of view...

Many thanks for feedback everyone.
One more question before I make up my mind on which receiver to buy, some people on other forums are saying that On Screen Display looks fuzzy and very dated compared to Blade 7000, is this correct?

I own both a spiderbox 9000 and a technomate 5402HD.

While a spiderbox may have a slight edge in terms of the picture the 5402 still does a great job.

Where the Technomate does come into it's own is with cccam I've got a line running 2.1.4 and even though it glitches once in a while it doesn't disappear and show scrambled channel like the spiderbox seems to.

I did not mean picture quality on TM5402HD was bad. Not at all. It's just not as good as Spider box. That's all what i said.

Get this box. You won't regret it.

And tell us your opinion about it after please.

On Screen Display looks fuzzy and very dated

+1.
agree with it but the menu is very easy. i had one tm6900, i bored it i sold it and i will take tm again (5402) because im still pleased.
sensitive tuner
good support
(p.s. i have never work with it with net connection)

The menus, EPG and OSD are dated and haven't been enhanced to take into account that it is an HD receiver. However, it is extremely easy to use and I don't have any complaints about the HD picture quality.

Hmmm, bit disappointing to hear about outdated OSD and EPG.
Been reading quite a bit about Blade 7000S which is getting rave reviews, its available for same price and also seems to have similar firmwate to 5402HD , so not sure what to do now!

Flip a coin :)

Djeezus, have they copied the design of TM5402HD, look at that remote !!!!!!
(I'll hope that remote is better but it looks like it was made in the same factory)

Makes you wonder if it would be possible to polish up the interface a bit on the TM5402HD.
Still I LUV my TM5402HD

Last edited:
Ok everyone, I have finally opted for the Blade 7000!
Will let you know how I get on when I have set it up, wish me luck:Clap:

the blade does look to be VERY similar to the 5402, in more ways than just the remote and the rear layout

While skins do look nice, nobody actually watches the skin, so as long as its functional and you can find your way round it, what more do you need

im surprised that nobody mentioned the 7 day EPG on the 5402, NO other receiver has this yet

Well, that is true ! 7 days EPG is great !
I'm Sure you can convert this poor guy towards a technomate.

I did not even heard of Blade when they mentioned it in here. (I'm sure it is a clone)

And, I might be wrong (sorry if it is) but the blade( said in particular ) will record "only" 2 channels while watching a 3rd ; the 5402 will record 3 channels while watching a fourth one(on same transponder for both) , am I correct saying that?

bbc england, bbc ireland, erm, bbc scotland, and theres another one, but i cant think of it.......lol

nah, scrap all of that :proud:

Satisfaction 1
Satisfaction 2
Satisfaction 3
etc
etc

lol

Back