----SS-Enigma V3----

Black Pearl probably needs a font that I haven't included. If you run hyperterminal then boot the box it will tell you why it isn't booting.

SS

Ok I have SS-Enigma V3 all up and working and must say very impressed, but I do have a problem I want to change the skin to the black pearl skin (Coz I like it ) so I have deleted the cams I dont use and the skin I dont use and copied the blackpearl2.esml and blackpearl2.info to /share/tuxbox/enigma/skins and the blackpearl2 folder (with it's contents) to /share/tuxbox/enigma/pictures but it shuts down when I reboot it just shuts down again.

Can anyone help as I really like this skin.

Cheers

Fermec

Hiya mrdude, not heard from you for some time m8!

Glad you like the image

SS

That's because I sold my dreambox 600 - as I was gonna get a 7025, then I heard the 8000 was coming out so I thought I'd wait a bit. But now I might just get a 800 at the ed of the month as I am sick waiting. In the meantime I have just borrowed the birds dbox2 so thought I'd try your image out - which is quite nice m8 and a much better dbox experience than the neutrino based images.

Aint been on the shack/cave much either as the best sections have been closed now - boohoo.....

That's because I sold my dreambox 600 - as I was gonna get a 7025, then I heard the 8000 was coming out so I thought I'd wait a bit. But now I might just get a 800 at the ed of the month as I am sick waiting. In the meantime I have just borrowed the birds dbox2 so thought I'd try your image out - which is quite nice m8 and a much better dbox experience than the neutrino based images.

Aint been on the shack/cave much either as the best sections have been closed now - boohoo.....

Get a 7025!

Just out of interest, did you do the pulse skin esml stuff by hand or did you use a skin app?

SS

Get a 7025!

Just out of interest, did you do the pulse skin esml stuff by hand or did you use a skin app?

SS

I used adobe photoshop to do the graphics and edited the esml with ultraedit - it took me around about a week to learn what each line in a esml file did - lol ( I just changed a bit then checked the skin to see what had changed - then documented it).

I did look for a skin making app - but couldn't find one. I suppose it would be reasonably easy to code an app if someone could be bothered but I just don't have the time anymore due to work and the fact the bird moans at me if I neglect here too much - haha.

If you're interested in skin making - just try doing 1 page of a skin at a time - soon enough you'll suss it out m8. Just remember that the graphics need to be 8 bit png files or they won't show up unless you mod the cvs to show 24/32 bit images.

It's a good idea if you draw a skin on paper first to see what your layout is gonna be like - then carry on from there.

Last edited:
Cheers m8, I modded the skins for v3 by hand (psp v7 and notepad++) and like you, did a bit, sent it over, checked it, then did the next bit (without any ifa sessions for a change lol), pretty much got my head around the esml now, just wondered if there was such a thing as a wysiwyg type app available. I found one app but gave up trying to get it to run.

Probably best as you say doing one from scratch manually.

Cheers
SS

I used adobe photoshop to do the graphics and edited the esml with eltraedit - it took me around about a week to learn what each line in a esml file did - lol ( I just changed a bit then checked the skin to see what had changed - then documented it).

I did look for a skin making app - but couldn't find one. I suppose it would be reasonably easy to code an app if someone could be bothered but I just don't have the time anymore due to work and the fact the bird moans at me if I neglect here too much - haha.

If you're interested in skin making - just try doing 1 page of a skin at a time - soon enough you'll suss it out m8. Just remember that the graphics need to be 8 bit png files or they won't show up unless you mod the cvs to show 24/32 bit images.

It's a good idea if you draw a skin on paper first to see what your layout is gonna be like - then carry on from there.

Just had a pm off someone who has rightly pointed out I did a typo error here, as I can't edit the original post I will quote the correction here (could a mod please edit the original post if possible please?)

You may also want to ftp in a couple of more files into \lib

(not \bin as I incorrectly quoted)

libcamdio.so.0
libcrypto.so.0.9.7

Cheers
SS

Yes, you can use the same cams and keys as Neutrino.

You may also want to ftp in a couple of more files into \bin

libcamdio.so.0
libcrypto.so.0.9.7

SS

Ok I have SS-Enigma V3 all up and working and must say very impressed, but I do have a problem I want to change the skin to the black pearl skin (Coz I like it ) so I have deleted the cams I dont use and the skin I dont use and copied the blackpearl2.esml and blackpearl2.info to /share/tuxbox/enigma/skins and the blackpearl2 folder (with it's contents) to /share/tuxbox/enigma/pictures but it shuts down when I reboot it just shuts down again.

Can anyone help as I really like this skin.

Cheers

Fermec

Your Black Pearl skin is looking for a non-existant Font, md_khmurabi_10.tff which SS consigned to Room 101 on account of it's silly large file size (241kb).

After you've reflashed with your backup image (sorry, it's IFA time!)- edit the following file:

/share/tuxbox/enigma/skins/blackpearl2.esml to read so:

<fonts>
<font file="pakenham.ttf" name="lcd" />
<font file="bluehigh.ttf" name="Nimbus" />
<font name="digi_font" file="leds.ttf" />
<font file="bluebold.ttf" name="Nimbus_Bold" />
<font file="bluebold.ttf" name="Blue.Bold" />
</fonts>

Then Black Pearl will work sweet as! Cheers- AL

I am a (very) recent convert to Enigma, and, now that I finally have it all up and running - Thanks very much Boswell - I have to say how impressed I am with this image.

It was recommended to me by another user as a cure for my sticky box, and for that advice alone I'd like to thank swanny10 :Clap:

I had a nightmare last night/this morning getting it set up (being used to Neutrino) but apart from the video and mp3 streaming (which I have yet to get my head around) everything is now perfect!

VERY stable so far, and an excellent picture quality to boot!

But the most impressive thing for me is the skin - It definitely beats the old Neutrino GUI ;)

A hearty pat on the back to both Boswell and PaphosAL along with all those who set this image up...It's definitely a big thumbs up from me :)

Your Black Pearl skin is looking for a non-existant Font, md_khmurabi_10.tff which SS consigned to Room 101 on account of it's silly large file size (241kb).

After you've reflashed with your backup image (sorry, it's IFA time!)- edit the following file:

/share/tuxbox/enigma/skins/blackpearl2.esml to read so:

<fonts>
<font file="pakenham.ttf" name="lcd" />
<font file="bluehigh.ttf" name="Nimbus" />
<font name="digi_font" file="leds.ttf" />
<font file="bluebold.ttf" name="Nimbus_Bold" />
<font file="bluebold.ttf" name="Blue.Bold" />
</fonts>

Then Black Pearl will work sweet as! Cheers- AL

Done that and works great

Cheers

Fermec

Oi, mrdude! Glad to see you're still around, m8! Have you managed to get Channel Logos modded for your Pulse skins in SS-Enigma v3? If you have, pls let me have your new fileset, so I can incorporate it into the Skins Library file.

All the Best- AL :Cheers:

Done that and works great

Cheers

Fermec

Glad you're sorted, m8! Now, an URGENT WARNING to anyone intending to try other Skins included in the v2 (yes, v2- not v3) release of SS-Enigma in the v3 release...

Before you try a different Skin, first look at it's .esml file in the /skins folder on your PC.

Near the top of the file is a Fonts section. If you see reference to either of these two files:

md_khmurabi_10.ttf and/or arialnb.ttf then edit these filnames to read-

bluehigh.ttf then save, THEN txfr to your dbox, as per the Dummie's Guide!

If you try some of these Skins without checking this first, you may end up with Enigma spitting it's dummy out, and not booting... Welcome back IFA!!

Cheers- AL

Known culprits: carbon ... futura_desk_s ... futura_desk_v ... futura_platin ... futura_platin_picon ... validation_02P ... DOUBLE-CHECK THESE BEFORE TRYING, PLEASE!!

Oi, mrdude! Glad to see you're still around, m8! Have you managed to get Channel Logos modded for your Pulse skins in SS-Enigma v3? If you have, pls let me have your new fileset, so I can incorporate it into the Skins Library file.

All the Best- AL :Cheers:

TBH my skin supports piicons - however the icons need to be resized and put into a photoshop template (which I have) to blend them into the skin better. I don't really want to release the template as I want to have a custom image no one else has.

I will however pm you with a modded ss-enigma 3 image when I am done with it (it has a few extra features) and post you the template if you wont make a public release of it m8.

Has anyone managed to get the streaming from PC to the box sorted? The kids are mithering to watch their DivX films that I could stream using my old Neutrino image using VLC along with the network mounts for mp3s etc...

There only appears to be an option for NFS in the menu although I have set up as CIFS using the Enigma webserver.

Cheers

Hello, can you please tell me whether the GREEN button has any set function on this image?

Just upgraded my brother-in-laws to SS-V3 and whilst on Sky Sports 1 I pressed the green button for a second or so to see if it did anything. Nothing seemed to happen. Went up one channel to SS2, then when I came back down to SS1 the channel was blank...no sound or video.

Just to verify I done the same for SS2...pressed green button for a second, changed channel then went back and it had gone too :) Just wondered if this changed pids or something and if so why won't repeating the proceedure return to the working one? Had to reflash to return to showing picture again.

I was messing with the coloured buttons as he can only get a couple of the XXXX channels, so I was wondering if they are on different pids, like the previous trouble SS1 had with the skybet saga.

Thanks, Chris.

Back