----SS-Enigma V3----

The default skin is a modded "futura" but if you go to setup--system settings--osd settings you can change the skin back to the "hybrid skin" which is improved but looks the same as what was the default in v2.

Good on you though m8 to have a look at the esml files and want to do mods like this!

:Clap:

I can't remember off the top of my head which font you need to increase for what you want, but don't be afraid to play/experiment, it doesn't take long to workout what the esml files do!

ftp out the box the esml you want to tinker with, edit it, ftp it back in and re-load the skin in the menu, keep doing this till you get what you want.

At worst, all you might do is muck summat up requiring a re-flash which is no big deal really, so backup the image first and have a good play. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers m8
SS

Thanks for getting back to me though.

Thank goodness for ftp, just wished Dbox rebooted as fast as Dreambox :)

At fine last after a good night sleep I got the answer to my problem with this image aqnd fixed it now I am up and running. The image is the "gonads" and working a treat it is about time we had an Enigma image as it has always been the nut'ed ones.

Nice One Boswell.........:)

At fine last after a good night sleep I got the answer to my problem with this image aqnd fixed it now I am up and running. The image is the "gonads" and working a treat it is about time we had an Enigma image as it has always been the nut'ed ones.

Nice One Boswell.........:)

Well done DiddyDave, now you have it working don't forget to do a backup!

SS

Hey peeps
i have been readin for the last few days about updatin the fixes etc etc...so i decided to flash my dbox with v3. ive put the fixes in var/keys...evocamd in var/bin etc using ftp. i can see all chanels with epg but i just get a black screen i dont know where else to look,i really want to use this image as the picture looks awsome on my 42" hdtv judgin from the basic channels which i can view... i know it sounds like im givin up but is there any chance some 1 can email me a working image with all the files included and then i can get a better idea to work out where im going wrong.im a complete noob any help would be great

Hey peeps
i have been readin for the last few days about updatin the fixes etc etc...so i decided to flash my dbox with v3. ive put the fixes in var/keys...evocamd in var/bin etc using ftp. i can see all chanels with epg but i just get a black screen i dont know where else to look,i really want to use this image as the picture looks awsome on my 42" hdtv judgin from the basic channels which i can view... i know it sounds like im givin up but is there any chance some 1 can email me a working image with all the files included and then i can get a better idea to work out where im going wrong.im a complete noob any help would be great

I had this prob the weekend here is what i did

First make sure that you have applied the CHOD to 755 on the cams in the var/bin folder I did the same thing in the var/k*ys as well

Then hold the Blue button down for a few seconds to get the cams option on change the cam to evo then save it go back into the cams bit again set the ucode to 001a then save it this will reboot the box then goto sly movies channel and leave it for a while I wnet to be and left it on all night when I got up in the morning it was working and has done since.

thanks diddyfor quick reply was expected to get flamed il let you peeps know how i get on 2moro...if its not good then i think its time for thee olde hammer and chisle....back to mario kart wii then

thanks diddyfor quick reply was expected to get flamed il let you peeps know how i get on 2moro...if its not good then i think its time for thee olde hammer and chisle....back to mario kart wii then

And check a few posts upwards, make sure you have the 2 lib files !!!!

Oh bum- you beat me to it, SS.

More hints 'n tips: You don't need all 3 rom types in there, so choose one and run with that. I've tested all 3 in evocamd and mgcamd, and they are 100% sound, thanks to Cydine!! (Using his, rather than the disputed ones, outa respect for TBC and Astra).

Can't get the fix working under newcamd nor gbox yet, so don't go down those roads. Choose evo or mg- you don't really need both, do you?

My preferred setup (only cos it's smallest on file sizes) is:

mgcamd (the skinny one, @ 149kb)
rom7 only
ucode 001A

This is on nokia 2x by the way. 100% rock solid stable for me. But there again, with 1.6MB of free space under SS-Enigma v3 - I guess it would be, LOL!

Cheers- AL

Hello guys, I had spent hours tinkering with this image, with no success, until I checked back here only to find the info about the library files.

These files appear to be essential for the operation of decrypting channels. I know it was not your intended use for it :) but just leaving out the usual keys and emu's would have been sufficient. Not sure if this was an oversight but I would re-upload the image with the help of an admin/mod, complete with lib files, so that peeps don't have the same probs and miss out on a very fine image :Clap:

Thanks for your time and effort, Chris.

As Boswel said in the 1st post this is a FTA image so those lib files were not needed to view FTA channels if you want to watch other channels then you have to earn it by doing a bit your self. This would also be a learning curve for you on other images that you may try in the future when this happens again you will know what to do and share your experiance with others

As Boswel said in the 1st post this is a FTA image so those lib files were not needed to view FTA channels if you want to watch other channels then you have to earn it by doing a bit your self. This would also be a learning curve for you on other images that you may try in the future when this happens again you will know what to do and share your experiance with others

Spot on DiddyDave!!!

SS

Actually, it was all down to unlucky timing, g*ox was all that was needed, but trust my luck......
The exact day after the v3 was made public, the rom change happened which killed g*ox

Hence the need for the libs for evo and mg.....

SS

installed the v3 image last night and just have to say a big thanks boswell, i really like the image and seems solid.

thanks for the hard work

swanny

Cheers m8, I have tried this image on my birds dbox and it's cool.

I added, evocamd, mgcamd and gbox - I use evocamd to get the keys (with the new rom files) then use tuxbox commander to add those keys for the nagra file for gbox as that's the best cam for me as mgcamd freezes and has lipsync issues and evocamd sometimes freezes. I also added a flexmenu so i can enable and dissable certain things and let my missus download key files from my own server etc. I also added teletext and my own skin so this image is working well for me. Once I have finished making all my flexmenu scripts I'll upload and post you a link so you can check it out ok.

Cheers m8, the missus is now happy again.

Hiya mrdude, not heard from you for some time m8!

Glad you like the image

SS

Ok I have SS-Enigma V3 all up and working and must say very impressed, but I do have a problem I want to change the skin to the black pearl skin (Coz I like it ) so I have deleted the cams I dont use and the skin I dont use and copied the blackpearl2.esml and blackpearl2.info to /share/tuxbox/enigma/skins and the blackpearl2 folder (with it's contents) to /share/tuxbox/enigma/pictures but it shuts down when I reboot it just shuts down again.

Can anyone help as I really like this skin.

Cheers

Fermec

Back