spiderbox 6000 and magic eye

simon123456

Inactive User
Reaction score
could any boday recommend a magic eye or some thing that could connect it to the spiderbox to watch tv in another room

I seem to remember Maplins doing a HDMI over CAT5 gizmo. not cheap iirc but at least you get top pq.

will the sky eye u use on the sky boxes work with the spiderbox

whatever....
Had something else in here, but its not worth it..

Last edited:
will the sky eye u use on the sky boxes work with the spiderbox

NO.
The Spiderbox 6000HD does not have the necessary modulated RF output - which has now also been removed from new Sky HD boxes.
There have been several suggestions made which will do what you want but none are cheap fix as an RF modulator is required

Cheapest option if your a skint flint is a cheap RF Modulator around £15 off the Bay and do with out the Magic Eye control seeing as you already have the old $ly M/E cable still in place.

If you want Magic Eye Control then as already suggested the Triax Tri-Link. Everything else has been mentioned

whats a sky m/e

If you have Sky TV and you have a second TV already wired up to view Sky (or if you are planning to wire them up), It enables the control of your digibox from a second room (e.g. bedroom or kitchen). Simply unplug the existing coax lead from the aerial socket of the bedroom TV, plug in the link, then plug the coax lead back in. This will now relay the remote control's signals down the existing coax cable to the digibox so you can change channels etc

no I haven't but iv been told I can use the sky magic eye ill have a look

:eh?:
no I haven't but iv been told I can use the sky magic eye ill have a look

No you can't for the simple reason that the 6000HD does not have an RF output - this has been explained several times in this thread.
Solutions are given in posts 2/4/6
If someone has told you that it will work without additional equipment get them to show you how

im going to buy a slx wireless video sender any boday got one are there any coments on them

Back