Spare tyre help

M

mufc

My tyres on my van are 13 " rims renualt ok , but my spare is 14 " will this cause me grave problems if i have to use it in emergency ie puncture to get home ?.
Thanx in advance for any help mufc.

it will be ok to get home and to a garage m8 but wouldn't do loads of miles on it.

and also keep your speed fairly low if you need to use this tyre. not sure how it would stand if you went for an MOT with the tyre in the car though. they might not notice, and might not matter. i aint sure

Hi,

Not sure how the police would view it either, 2 different sized wheels on the same axle, think it will contravene construction and use regulations and leave you open to points/fine possibly.

Regards

Muskrat

You need to check the profiles

e.g If your 13" tyres are 185/65 13

your 14" tyre should be 185/60 14

you should have few problems then

Cheers for reply,s its only in case of emergency ,s but will check tyre size .

also i think you'll find that whilst a spare must be in good nick for usual purposes that it isnt actuall checked for mot

i always got told to take my spare off if its bald and having mot .. :S

Ive been driving without a spare for months on my company car.. when i got it there was 1.2mm tread depth on it lol.. .. i just threw it in the garden and refused to carry it.. gettin pulled with it is leaving you open :)

My tyres on my van are 13 " rims renualt ok , but my spare is 14 " will this cause me grave problems if i have to use it in emergency ie puncture to get home ?.
Thanx in advance for any help mufc.

shouldnt be any problem there m8

Back