Sound problem

casuk

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I just bought a new tv hooked it up all works great but this is the problem I plunged the icloud box hdmi into hdmi port 1 and no volume, i tryed the outher ports same thing, so I tryed normal tv I get volume and I also get volume on firestick so it not the ports or tv, I tryed an outher tv and it all worked any ideas

When box is connected to tv turn off telly then back on again...
Change hdmi cable..

Tryed all that except a different HDMI ill try that next its a weird one

Tryed all that except a different HDMI ill try that next its a weird one

I have had it before mate..albeit a while ago..I'm sure I changed hdmi lead and hdmi slot on tv.
Also you may have to change setting on sound on telly audio out settings...from line to RF or something like that..

A bit of messing around then I guess, I tryed all 3 slots same issue and fire stick worked no problems in all 3 slots just the cloud ibox (its actually my mum's TV we just got it today) ill take a few HDMI cables up and try tomorrow see if I can sort it

You may even need to reflash ibox..maybe it's a image driver problem with the new telly..I'm not sure..guess you will have to try everything..

That was my first thought in fact, driver, older image, new TV but can that actually be an issue

I'll keep you posted cheers mate

reflashed the box and same issue im lost now

reflashed the box and same issue im lost now

Has to be a issue with the new tv then..if sound from box works fine using different tv etc..ummm..
What make/model is the new to mate?..
Is audio on ibox set to HDMI out?..
I know it's a complete pain in the butt..Do a factory reset on the tv...had a read about and other ibox users had same issue and resetting tv solved it..may not for you but
Just thinking out loud...

Last edited:
Got it sorted I went to hdmi settings and mode 2 worked its a Panasonic 50" 4k it's a beauty, pic and sound are superb I didn't expect it to be that good if I'm honest, has all the bells and whistles, looked at the sammys first but richer sounds hooked 4 up in the demo room (tight squeeze) and the panny was the stand out and cheapest, now I have to watch my piece of crap untill I can afford one , thanks ajt for the help

Back