Sony - 40" V-Series BRAVIA

Normally all but 1080 P means it is fitted with a 720p screen, and it can take a 1080I signal chop out loads of info and fit it onto it's 720p screen if necessary

Normally all but 1080 P means it is fitted with a 720p screen, and it can take a 1080I signal chop out loads of info and fit it onto it's 720p screen if necessary

Resolution of TV = 1920x1080 therefore IS a 1080 native screen and will show 1080p sources (blu ray) in their full capacity

this tv is at john lewis..thinking of getting it but a bit short on cash...doeas nayone know if jjohn lewis do an interest free credit payment plan..? ta

probably best giving them a bell and asking.

Sound and Vision in Bolton do a 10 months buy now pay later scheme if that helps at all?

1080p is a high-definition video format with resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The "p" stands for progressive scan, which means that each video frame is transmitted as a whole in a single sweep. The main advantage of 1080p TVs is that they can display all high-definition video formats without downconverting, which sacrifices some picture detail.

1080i means 1,080 horizontal lines are used to create your TV picture. The i stands for interlaced scanning which means the picture is formed on the screen by scanning in two consecutive passes where odd numbered lines are displayed in one pass, and the even numbered lines in the pass that follows. Picture quality can sometimes be sacrificed on the larger screens, so where possible, go for progressive rather than interlaced.

Cheers for that, I always wondered what the i and the p stood for!

(reading that back it sounds really sarcastic but I actually mean it!)

Avoid this TV if possible, it is rather crap.

I was thinking of this TV or Samsung A656 40"....but I heard the sammy audio was awful...any suggestions....also the sony is £200 cheaper with 5 year warranty at M&S

joe

I was thinking of this TV or Samsung A656 40"....but I heard the sammy audio was awful...any suggestions....also the sony is £200 cheaper with 5 year warranty at M&S

joe

Panasonic TH-42PX80 for appx £500 is THE best buy for the money IMHO.

and it's a plasma :Clap:

Im with Munkey on this one, top tv at this price and if your going above 37" plasma is the way to go :)

Depends on how long you want your tv to last lol

well they say they will last for 60000 hrs which at 8hrs a day watching will last for 20 years, By that time we would of got rid of them anyway for 3d laser tv :)

well they say they will last for 60000 hrs which at 8hrs a day watching will last for 20 years, By that time we would of got rid of them anyway for 3d laser tv :)

3d laser tv !

Whats that then ?

3d laser tv must be a new kind of tv that zaps spiders

Good call,

Ive just bought this and it's friggin awesome!

If you want a TV that will handle standard def material well then this is it! The PZ80B is supposed to be better for HD stuff but is more expensive.

I did have an LCD 32" tele and it was terrible, I'm yet to see a better LCD in the same price bracket as a Plasma!

Back