something very unusual!

syf277

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can help resolve this, something really strange is happening to my DBOX2. its a Nokia 2x i think its got zgore image on it. Anyway i have tried to conect to it via the network cable and it simply wont ping, i also tried a complete flash using a null modem cable and using IFA. anyway in IFA it does something even more strange it says: : mr ed :

ydebug:DDF: CALIBRATING delay loop... debug:DDF:67:79 BogoMIPS
debug BMon V1.0 mID 01
then its got a load of other stuff
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal
dbox2:root>boot net net net net net net net net net
debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed
debug:
{{his keeps happening over and over again}}
{then further than that}

boot: elfcopy failed 16
dbox2:root>

then an error box comes up in german:

"ES WURDE ZEHN MAL VERGIBICH VERSUCHT DE DBOX. NETWORKZ ZU STARTEN BITTE UBERPRUFEN SIE IHRE NETZERKONFIGURATION. RESETTEN SIE DE DBOX FUR EINEN ERNEUTEN VERSUCH".

I have all firewalls off, and no other connections to the computer i.e wireless is disabled. The network ip address is 192.168.0.100 (for dbox) and mines is 101 at the end. the gateways are the same.

but still there is no connection what so ever!..

anyone who can help, it would be much much appreciated!!

regrads
syf277 :FRIGHT:

pinging probs

try changing ip to 192.168.0.54 or similar worked for me

syf277 said:
Hi,

I hope someone can help resolve this, something really strange is happening to my DBOX2. its a Nokia 2x i think its got zgore image on it. Anyway i have tried to conect to it via the network cable and it simply wont ping, i also tried a complete flash using a null modem cable and using IFA. anyway in IFA it does something even more strange it says: : mr ed :

ydebug:DDF: CALIBRATING delay loop... debug:DDF:67:79 BogoMIPS
debug BMon V1.0 mID 01
then its got a load of other stuff
WATCHDOG reset enabled
debug: autoboot aborted from terminal
dbox2:root>boot net net net net net net net net net
debug:
BOOTP/TFTP bootstrap loader (v0.3)
debug: Transmitting BOOTP request via broadcast
debug: Given up BOOTP/TFTP boot
boot net failed
debug:
{{his keeps happening over and over again}}
{then further than that}

dbox2:root>

then an error box comes up in german:

"ES WURDE ZEHN MAL VERGIBICH VERSUCHT DE DBOX. NETWORKZ ZU STARTEN BITTE UBERPRUFEN SIE IHRE NETZERKONFIGURATION. RESETTEN SIE DE DBOX FUR EINEN ERNEUTEN VERSUCH".

I have all firewalls off, and no other connections to the computer i.e wireless is disabled. The network ip address is 192.168.0.100 (for dbox) and mines is 101 at the end. the gateways are the same.

but still there is no connection what so ever!..

anyone who can help, it would be much much appreciated!!

regrads
syf277 :FRIGHT:

if you are trying to reflash with ifa make double check connections and make sure it is a cross over cable that you are using as so many people mess up there

cheers

@syff277 the one mistake i can see from your post is the subnet mask gateway. if not already done so set it 255.255.255.0 exactly that on both dbox and pc NIC

The German just says that it tried 10 times without success

Make sure

- you have your Nortons Antivirus de-installed (If you use it)
- do not flash via router/hub/switch using IFA
- Set the Network Card speed to 10 not 100
- check the cable as previous mentioned as above error states that something is blocking the communication...

If the above fails try turning off Norton Internet worm protection, It worked for me.

I had a connection problem until I set the default gateway on the dbox to the same IP address as the host PC. E.g.
Set DBOX to 192.168.0.2 with default gateway: 192.168.0.1
then set PC ethernet card (set as 10Mbps/full duplex) to: 192.168.0.1

This configuration works okay for me.

Back