Some findings when Recording

Scotster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone will be interested or not but i managed to get the recording and the playback working again.

I'm not really sure how the playback issue sorted itself but its working. So anyway, here is what happened.

I had 1.6.5 on my dreambox and i couldn't get the playback to work. It was just showing a blank screen with audio. I checked the recordings on my PC using VLC and they worked fine so i put it down to the Dreambox. I upgraded to 2.0 and had no luck but i decided that it wasn't much of an issue as i could still record, or so i thought. I set up the timer to record a couple of programs over newyear but when i went to play them back they were very very small. I had a watch and it turned out they were only recording ever 20 seconds or so which made it stutter and a 30 min program lasted around a min.

I decided to try and get it working again so i went back to 1.6.5. As soon as i did the playback somehow started working but the recording wouldn't. I was getting absolutely nothing, not even a stutter so i started playing with settings.

I managed to get it working and the only thing i changed was the tuner setting to "new". It was set to ALT which is meant to be the latest driver but when this tuner is selected the recording feature won't work for me.

Anyway, sorry for the long post but i thought i would be thorough in my description so that if anyone else came across the same issue(s) they would be able to see they weren't the only one.

Scott =op

Back