VU+ Duo Some advice?

wurz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a problem with a Duo clone that I can't get sorted.

I accidentally ran a pen with a "magibox" bootloader that I use for Cloud4 boxes.

Now the duo will not accept a standard flash via usb because it is looking for a "magibox" file system on the pen. I have tried magibox images but when flashing the process never finishes and box wont boot afterwards stays on "starting". Obviously the magibox image is incompatible with Duos.

I need this box to accept a standard duo image but because it is now set up to take incompatible magibox images the box is bricked.

Is there a way to convert a standard Duo bootloader to Magibox format, flash this to the box, then the box should take the standard Duo images again.

Or is there another solution?

I hope that's a clear description of my issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I've got a problem with a Duo clone that I can't get sorted.

I accidentally ran a pen with a "magibox" bootloader that I use for Cloud4 boxes.

Now the duo will not accept a standard flash via usb because it is looking for a "magibox" file system on the pen. I have tried magibox images but when flashing the process never finishes and box wont boot afterwards stays on "starting". Obviously the magibox image is incompatible with Duos.

I need this box to accept a standard duo image but because it is now set up to take incompatible magibox images the box is bricked.

Is there a way to convert a standard Duo bootloader to Magibox format, flash this to the box, then the box should take the standard Duo images again.

Or is there another solution?

I hope that's a clear description of my issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply i missed this.

Your going to need to jtag the box to put the original bootloader back on. It the only way to recover from what you have done.

Thanks for the replies. I managed to connect to the box via jtag and flash the boot loader. Something is still not right because box is still stuck on starting with no power to the usb ports therefore not flashing a full image.

It's a Ferrari clone v3.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to say that I did replace the c807 capacitor as well with no joy

Thanks for the replies. I managed to connect to the box via jtag and flash the boot loader. Something is still not right because box is still stuck on starting with no power to the usb ports therefore not flashing a full image.

- - - Updated - - -

It could be the voltage regulators.

- - - Updated - - -

this may help you voltage regulators fley bay item number:131356654023

Back