Some advice please

beezo

Inactive User
Reaction score
one of my family has just been told that there is a guy selling boxes that will give him s*y+ for 160.00.

can someone tell me if it is possible to recieve this and does anyone know what type of box it will be??? also do these boxes need a satalite to work?

help would be appreciated on this a quick as possible as the family member is 70 years old and is about to spend his pension on one of these things and Im worried he will either be ripped off or that the box will only work for a few months then go off

Not sure it will be a pvr (plus) for that price, but basically it will be a dm500 or similar clone that needs a dish and broadband internet connection. The method is known as 'commercial cardsharing' and you pay for access to the illegal server, or its included in the higher box price.

If the server shuts, or gets busted, or the owner wants to disconnect you etc then it stops. You also generally get 'blocky' and unstable picture as most of these scammers over-sell and connect too many to one card.
Many people do get ripped off, many will find it too complex and not user-friendly -especially 70 year olds imho. My recommendation is to tell him to stay clear.

thanx for the quick reply mate!!

can I ask in your opinion what would be his best option then?? as he would like all the channels but also the function to be able to record a program whilst watching another.

thanx for the quick reply mate!!

can I ask in your opinion what would be his best option then?? as he would like all the channels but also the function to be able to record a program whilst watching another.

Not being funny m8 but tell him to get sky + installed there are deals out there that install it for next to free. He could then get a package to suit his needs at 70 years old i think a hooky set up would be too much hassle and he would end up paying out more in the long run (ie by being ripped off)

i know exactly what yer mean mate. He has a box already on the cable network that gets him all the channels. He only pays 30.00 for all the channels (because of the box), 2MB broadband and unlimited calls on his house phone so he's happy with that but he is moaning (lol) that he cant watch a program whilst recording another.

His son has sky plus and he likes the way you can select loads of programs to record and then play them back whenever

is there a box out there that will do this, I dont mind flashing it for him but he a very tight man and wants everything from tuppence......... lmfao

A dreambox dm7025 will let him watch a program and record another but he will be looking at over £300 for the box.

would a eurovox do the same job as ive seen then for 150 including hard drive

First, Sky via satellite isnt hacked.
If he wants sky+ then the cheapest way is £99 for box & install, £17 per month subscription (from). As Ianb already pointed out, in the long run its cheaper than trying to use dodgy methods anyway, unless you stick with cable.

Sky+ is a popular design that suits people because its simple, so i'm still certain he wont be happy with any box trying to imitate the functions. If he likes sky+ then thats what he needs to buy; if he wants a satellite hobby then he needs to buy satellite equipment (not sky).
You have said it yourself >>> he's got the channels but he likes the idea/functioning of sky+ ~therefore thats what he needs. You wouldnt sell a minibus to someone who likes the look of a mini cooper ....even if it does do the same job of getting him to the shops :)

From your replies beezo, one thing is for sure, he will be hugely disappointed if you went with the original cardshare box.
Regards.

i got a deal last week sky+ +install £30. Had to subscibe to at least one premium channel for at least a month but can down grade if i want too

Back