solution for 4001 stuck on powering up

darso

Inactive User
Reaction score
This is what i done with two 4001 boxs that were stuck on virgin media powering up.tried everything but eventually worked it out.these boxes are supposed to set ther own net id but with the new virgin update sometimes it dosent so the box cant lock to the frequency and wont be able to boot up.so the solution is to make a net id funcard then open your 4001 box pull the red jumper for 20secs put it back in, then go to engineers menu by holding up and down on the box while powering up.then set your freq to what it should be(pure ntl 755.00)then go to page with net id (should be all stars)and put in your net id funcard.your box should then switch off to tune.if not you need to do your funcard again.after all that put your other funcard back in to box and reboot again holding up and right on the box,will prob go to tune ,but leave for a couple of hours and it should update.the only thing about this if you pull the jumper you will lose your pin access for the movies.also if you can access eng menu before you pull the jumper check that your frequency and net id are correct if your net id isnt correct use this method.if your freq and net id are correct give the box a direct feed(bypassing splitters etc ,as close to ntl connection to your house)and power up holding up and right.hope this helps someone

Thank you Darso, that was one of the most useful posts that I have seen because it goes directly to addressing the problem that I am working on.Your post was as good as a tutorial. Before reading your post I was almost ready to scrap the box that I was playing with!
My only problem for now is that although I have seven funcards in a drawer they are all funcard 2's and are not big enough for the ext eeprom to fit.
I hope that I get to help you someday in return

Ah well, it shows what I have been missing by not being able to get at the files section. With less than 20 posts ('til now) I found the net ID funcard file on another site and when I tried to create the card it's external eeprom was 90 kB in size. I won't even have to get hold of a funcard 4 now - I hope.
Thanks.

Back