Solo 2 v4

Hi guys,
I am quite new to linux receivers.
Just found out !!! that my VU is clone! ;=)
It says it is VU Solo 2 SE. As I managed to discover it is Lonrison (not Sunray) - it had a sticker with vu-hd.com on it.
It doesnt really bother me that it is a clone. My concerns are how to find right image. When I bought it, it had BlackHole (dont know which) , but it stopped working 2 days ago when I ftp-ed new channels list into it. (it stopped seeing satelites) Was trying to sort it out and only flashing new image helped - right now it is on OpenVix Helios 016 downloaded from vu-dh website. But I just dont like it. Would like to get something else but I really dont know what I actually can flash. In some images it says it is only for Lonrison v4. What does it mean? Can I flash it? How can I check what ver I have? I bought it 2 or 3 years ago. If I have v2 (for instance) what should I do (is it possible at all) to go to v4?

For you propably these questions are silly, but as I mentioned I am newbie to linux. Any help appreciated.
Cheers
mkiggy

There are V2 V3 and V4 images dont let that worry you if you were to flash the wrong version youd just need to flash the correct one to make your box work again you would not brick it.

Start with a v4 image if that works then you have a v4 version if it does not work then try v3 and then v2 till one works that will then tell you the version of yours is.

There are V2 V3 and V4 images dont let that worry you if you were to flash the wrong version youd just need to flash the correct one to make your box work again you would not brick it.

Start with a v4 image if that works then you have a v4 version if it does not work then try v3 and then v2 till one works that will then tell you the version of yours is.
So you say I can flash any image as long as it is designed for clone lonrison. Whats the way of making sure thet my box is actually lonrison not sunray? Do I do the same if it is sunray?
Which images should i look for my box? When looking for vu solo 2 se (even in clone images section) couldnt find much. There are solo 2 or solo se versions. Which should I choose?
Cheers
Mkiggy

So you say I can flash any image as long as it is designed for clone lonrison. Whats the way of making sure thet my box is actually lonrison not sunray? Do I do the same if it is sunray?
Which images should i look for my box? When looking for vu solo 2 se (even in clone images section) couldnt find much. There are solo 2 or solo se versions. Which should I choose?
Cheers
Mkiggy

Needs to say Lorinson V2 V3 V4 no other images as you have already established its a Lorinson box.
If it was Sunray it would have a port on the rear labled Service port no other clone has that.

In addition to what Ferret mentioned, can I add that some later Solo2 SE's can accept Sunray safe image. Worst case is it doesn't fully boot. If you wish to try a Sunray image then please back-up your image first and if it doesn't boot then just flash back.

In addition to what Ferret mentioned, can I add that some later Solo2 SE's can accept Sunray safe image. Worst case is it doesn't fully boot. If you wish to try a Sunray image then please back-up your image first and if it doesn't boot then just flash back.
Thx for reply. I went to your thread about Safe images. But at the begining of each it states that images are only for v4 clones. So will it works as Ferret mentioned - v4 image flashed, working then ok, not working flash v3 image, v3 working then ok, not working flash v2 image? Or I will brick the bix and will need to exchange chip?
As for Sunray images does it work the same? I have to try flash images untill one of them will work?

Wysłane z mojego ONE A2003 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Needs to say Lorinson V2 V3 V4 no other images as you have already established its a Lorinson box.
If it was Sunray it would have a port on the rear labled Service port no other clone has that.
Well, there is no service port, as well as there is no mini usb or solo sticker at the back (i've read in other thread that there are as well onky in Sunray clones). Will try to open it tomorrow and see what its like inside. It should be easy then to define if it is sunray or lonrison.

I was referring to Sunray solo2 safe images, not v4 images. Some Solo2 SE boxes have been known to accept actual Sunray Solo2 images (the latter ones I believe).

If you have a Solo2 SE box then you could try a Sunray Solo2 image but ensure you have made a backup of current image first). If it doesn't work then you can try what Ferret mentioned.

I was referring to Sunray solo2 safe images, not v4 images. Some Solo2 SE boxes have been known to accept actual Sunray Solo2 images (the latter ones I believe).

If you have a Solo2 SE box then you could try a Sunray Solo2 image but ensure you have made a backup of current image first). If it doesn't work then you can try what Ferret mentioned.
I will go for it then. Will try sunray image mentioned in da thread . If not working then will go Ferret way.
One more thing - I saw in other thread some upgrade via RS232 cable. Should I look into it or just forget it?
And how is it with Lorison images? Cuz I am already confused. Which should I choose - Solo 2 or Solo Se as couldnt find ones specified for Solo2 Se? Or it is not really important as long as it says it is image for clone Lonrison v2,v3,v4?

Sorry for all those questions but just want to make sure will not brick the box.

Cheers
Mkiggy

I will go for it then. Will try sunray image mentioned in da thread . If not working then will go Ferret way.
One more thing - I saw in other thread some upgrade via RS232 cable. Should I look into it or just forget it?
And how is it with Lorison images? Cuz I am already confused. Which should I choose - Solo 2 or Solo Se as couldnt find ones specified for Solo2 Se? Or it is not really important as long as it says it is image for clone Lonrison v2,v3,v4?

Sorry for all those questions but just want to make sure will not brick the box.

Cheers
Mkiggy

Flash via USB stick

Missed the SE bit so yeah try a sunray image.

Hi ketmp, Ferret
Was looking over and cant find it right now. Maybe you will point me - somebody mentioned some Sunray image that was definitelly working on Lonrison clone. I saw it like for 3-4 times yesterday. Now simply cant find it. Any help?
Regards
Mkiggy

Hi ketmp, Ferret
Was looking over and cant find it right now. Maybe you will point me - somebody mentioned some Sunray image that was definitelly working on Lonrison clone. I saw it like for 3-4 times yesterday. Now simply cant find it. Any help?
Regards
Mkiggy

Most SE will use sunray image but not all

Try this sunray image

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/4402/

If it does not boot then dont worry your box is still fine just flash a v4 image

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/4248/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back