Cloud Ibox 2+ and "xpeedlx" bootloader @750 Mhz

Koquino

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,

First post here. I am trying to rejuvenate an old Ibox2+. As far as I remember, it's an early series and not a clone. I definitely upgraded the bootloader to 750Mhz, but it requires the xpeedlx folder to flash, a cloudix folder will be ignored. Do I need another bootloader?
Thanks!

Hi folks,

First post here. I am trying to rejuvenate an old Ibox2+. As far as I remember, it's an early series and not a clone. I definitely upgraded the bootloader to 750Mhz, but it requires the xpeedlx folder to flash, a cloudix folder will be ignored. Do I need another bootloader?
Thanks!
No you should be able to simply rename the folder from cloudix to xpeedlx. But since you now have the 750mhz bootlader on it the format for flashing should be cloudix

Thank you for your reply. I upgraded the bootloader just after buying the box. And I vaguely remember that another bootloader was released shortly afterwards, a clonekiller, that required the cloudix folder. To my limited understanding renaming the folder would be a go/no go experiment, worst case it would not upgrade, but the bootloader would stay unharmed? Don't want to risk the box.

Lots of experience with these.

The clone bootloader you talk about could be used on original boxes too there is no danger.

Just use a cloudix image with the force file and if cloudix images are what the box wants it will use it if not it wont.

Back