soldering iron recommend?

Grimeire

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My parkside soldering iron just stopped working so can anyone recommend one that heats up quickly and gets to a high temp and has a light on it to show its on.

Anyone know if this one is any good.

This will only get used for basic soldering so it doesnt have to be fancy or anything just has to work and be fast at heating up as this parkside one use to take like 20+ minutes and it was impossible to know if it was even on.

Last edited:
those guys complaining are probably using a soldering iron every day. I use it once or twice a year.

I dont see any less than £50 with better reviews. I dont have much faith in amazon reviews either. Most of the things i bought from there we crap and the bad reviews i provided rarely show.

Fleebay This looks not too bad and get loads extra
Fleabay is a nightmare for me as i live in ROI and most dont post over here and if they do i then have to pay high P&P charges and custom charge. customs usually just make up the charge. I paid €15 customs on an item i paid for 25 for a few months ago and it took about a month to get here cause of customs.

Only thing good about amazon is they add on the customs so Irish revenue dont have to.

What makes you thing that one is good? I only need the basics. This looks like the same one

If your say doing daily phone repair then it's a good investment but for part time soldering it's just not worth it.. I bought a gas powered Parklife about a month back which works for me.
Antex are brilliant and quite sturdy plus the heads are cheap enough but no lights or temp controlled.
I used a Solder Pro 20 for years. I kind of got use to the size and hardiness so for lifting stuff it was bang on but it died on me.
But my go to iron when needed hasn't let me down in 40 years is my trusty Weller. Its brilliant for bigger stuff and still going strong after all these years

Attachments

• 20211101_143835.jpg
    20211101_143835.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20211101_143841.jpg
    20211101_143841.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's older tech now but for occasional use it should last you as the 900 series elements are readily available and easy to replace (if you've got a working iron at that point lol)
Personally I prefer the balance with the electrics in their own box like the 936D

E2a and you can buy cheap replacement handles for them, that you can just plug in if the element goes.

Back