Solar Cells

fletcher

Member ++
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy cheap solar cells from a UK based company. Every time I look on the net all I seem to find is companies based in the US. I need enough cells to charge up 4 AA size batteries, with the smallest surface coverage as poss.

Any help appreciated

Fletcher

Thanks davidh, but i am only after the cells (PV) if poss. all the companies I have looked at only seem to sell kits, these I can build. I only need the cells.

Thanks for the help

Fletcher

Farnell sells PV CellsHere But I don't know about the cheap bit. :)

I think RS Components will also sell them (Here)

And Maplin sell them, which is probably the best solution as they will have lower power models available.

Maplins sell a BATTERY SAVER AA features include

* Charges up to 4 AA rechargeable batteries
* Stores 4 additional batteries
* Tilting solar panel maximises solar exposure
* compact ergonomic design
* Lightweight and weather resistand

Now you can recharge batteries anywhere there is daylight. Simply place batteries into the unit and expose to daylight. It begins charging immediately without the risk of overchaging

Order code N40AJ bATTERY SAVER £19.99

Tel 0870 264 600

There are other models there also but this sounds like what you need..

regards Taff

solar%20charger.jpg

And this is what it looks like

Taff

Thanks for the help guys, but I am after the cells only. It is a project I am working on, but I am having real dificulty tracking down PV cells in the uk for a cheap price. Every time I enquire on the net the companies always try to sell me the kit. I ask for cells, and get a reply asking what they are for, so i reply to charge up 4AA size batteries, they then try to sell me the kit. I already have a circuit board made up to hold the batteries, I just need the cells to charge them. I am having no luck. Sorry if I have misled with my questions.

Fletcher

Did you have a look at my post m8, those companies definatley sell just the cell panels. :)

Back