So whos got swine flu or suspected, family etc ?

Do you have swine flu or know someone with it ?

• yes me

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • yes, close at homefamily member

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • yes, family away from home

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • yes friend

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • no

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • swine flu, whats that ? lol

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
Re: code fuckin red

There's nothing like a reliable source!

(I like the vodka bit though.:))

ello nara, i just wanted to post the recipe, sorry the source isnt to ur standards but the recipe is all over the net. i just picked one out that looked clean. ;) 'food for thought'. all the best now.

:Cheers:

PS. my cousin has swineflu and has been quarantined ;( dont think i'll be able to get in with my cure lol

This morning my girlfriend has been confirmed with SWINE FLU she is rough as fook throwing up everywhere headaches chills cramps,n pins n needles.

i have myself got it but im sure im over the worst of it with out the mediacation as i was bad from sat but now im feeling much better but i have yet to have the tamiflu.

they have said i must keep a eye on myself and if i get any worse go in for the meds but it is highly lickly ill need em now as im much much better.

mr p

This morning my girlfriend has been confirmed with SWINE FLU she is rough as fook throwing up everywhere headaches chills cramps,n pins n needles.

i have myself got it but im sure im over the worst of it with out the mediacation as i was bad from sat but now im feeling much better but i have yet to have the tamiflu.

they have said i must keep a eye on myself and if i get any worse go in for the meds but it is highly lickly ill need em now as im much much better.

mr p

Sorry to hear it mate :(

Keep eye on your misses bud :) if need any advise that is not urgent... give us msg. If you need urgent advise call 0845 46 47 nhs direct

Grrr my sister has confirmed case of swine flu and she's taken Tamiflu for it today. I spent the weekend with her along with my pregnant wife.

Now I have to pray that my wife doesn't get the sodding virus, I hope that it's not too dangerous for her should she contract it.

Whoever bummed a pig and started this crap needs a good kicking.

There was a doctor on one of our local radio stations today and he said that for those in general good health.....swine flu was less serious than season flu and now everyone that has a summer cold thinks they have swine flu and because they are diagnosing it over the phone the figures will go up and not be accurate and he also said the press are using this to make headlines. He mentioned that if you get it try to fight it with paracetimol for 3-4 days and if it gets any worse then use tamiflu because tamiflu can make you feel worse.

@Munkey....I hope your wife doesn't contract it.

There was a doctor on one of our local radio stations today and he said that for those in general good health.....swine flu was less serious than season flu and now everyone that has a summer cold thinks they have swine flu and because they are diagnosing it over the phone the figures will go up and not be accurate and he also said the press are using this to make headlines.

Exactly what I said mate.

And I'm not a 'Medic' like some. ;)

omg i feel like shite
i had a head ache for 3 days then muscle cramps and general tirelessness
i have a snoty face and a cough and my guts are rough real bad !!!
I also had a real tight chest and stitch like pains thats subsided tho ...
Im also feeling clumsy and uncoordinated well more so than normal :proud:
i feel generally lethargic and cant be arsed to do feck all ive been sleeping in the day and i never do that ever its like 6 days in now and tbh i dont feel any better i have all the symptoms of pig flue but tbh its no worce than flu ive had in the past so im assuming i will be ok
i don't fancy taking antivirals in case i dont have pig flue
im no hypochondriac and am going to ride this bug / flu whatever it is out
i just know that if i hit the nhs direct or the docs im going to be diagnosed
as pig boy so its soluble paracetamol and rest for me

Last edited:
......so its soluble paracetamol and rest for me

Unless you have stomach problems or an intolerance, I would recommend Asprin or Iboprofen instead. They are much better painkillers than Paracetamol, particularly if you're getting muscular pain/cramps.

There was a doctor on one of our local radio stations today and he said that for those in general good health.....swine flu was less serious than season flu and now everyone that has a summer cold thinks they have swine flu and because they are diagnosing it over the phone the figures will go up and not be accurate and he also said the press are using this to make headlines. He mentioned that if you get it try to fight it with paracetimol for 3-4 days and if it gets any worse then use tamiflu because tamiflu can make you feel worse.

@Munkey....I hope your wife doesn't contract it.

Exactly what I said mate.

And I'm not a 'Medic' like some. ;)

"Can" be less serous yes..... trend so far, is not the case.

Your right munkey, your not a medic..... hope ur wife dont get it, but if she does you may well wish you was.

Last im going to add to this thread as it seems full of ungrateful **** wits.... get on with it..... come winter hope you got lots of tinned food...your going to need it !

Unless you have stomach problems or an intolerance, I would recommend Asprin or Iboprofen instead. They are much better painkillers than Paracetamol, particularly if you're getting muscular pain/cramps.

Yes mate, Ibuprofen is what gp's are prescribing or advising.... but along side paracetamol to take fever down..... as long as you can take them of course :)

Last im going to add to this thread as it seems full of ungrateful **** wits.... get on with it..... come winter hope you got lots of tinned food...your going to need it !

That would be a great pity, but I can see where you're coming from. :(

Where did that come from..... you have been through a hell of a lot worse and got on with it wihout a few comments on a forum annoying you.

You quoted my post so I have to respond. I posted that because every day now we are getting conflicting advice about this swine flu. If you have read my comments in this thread you will have noticed that I said I will accept your advice over others on here because you are working with it whilst the rest of us are just reading about it.

I didn't expect that from you...seems out of character so my advice would be..........go back upstairs, get into bed and get out the other side this time.................you know you want to........:Cheers:

Where did that come from..... you have been through a hell of a lot worse and got on with it wihout a few comments on a forum annoying you.

You quoted my post so I have to respond. I posted that because every day now we are getting conflicting advice about this swine flu. If you have read my comments in this thread you will have noticed that I said I will accept your advice over others on here because you are working with it whilst the rest of us are just reading about it.

I didn't expect that from you...seems out of character so my advice would be..........go back upstairs, get into bed and get out the other side this time.................you know you want to........:Cheers:

Was not aimed at you mate, your right there is conflicting information.... press are reporting what they are told they can report...simple lol.

Its out of character because I am seeing what is going on, first hand and not what the powers that be would like ppl to believe. Sadly, trust in what I tell you its going to get a lot worse before anything gets better. :(

Frustration is because treating people who are critical with this illness and not being able to do sod all for them medically is frustrating... when there are so called dr's on radio/tv saying "its mild, dont worry" .... its a joke really.

Some of our members would have you believe that it's a conspiracy.

You are always going to get that nara.........its to hide the governments blushes etc etc.

I can only say that because it is out of season then people won't know how bad it is unless they work in the medical profession, will seasonal flu figures be zero this year because every case of flu will be diagnosed as swine flu.

What worries me is that this is the summer and people are dying of flu....is that normal ???

You are always going to get that nara.........its to hide the governments blushes etc etc.

I can only say that because it is out of season then people won't know how bad it is unless they work in the medical profession, will seasonal flu figures be zero this year because every case of flu will be diagnosed as swine flu.

What worries me is that this is the summer and people are dying of flu....is that normal ???[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the issue, with the weather we had it should of been killing the virus off or at least slowed it down.... only it has not.... or had very little effect.

This is my worry come winter, or even just the cold turn at the start... this is going to spread very fast and wide. The HPA have already said it can not be contained.... its spreading freely in the population.

So guys .. can I just check ... the answer is to take Ibroprofen AND Paracetamol with plenty of water and just wait it out ?

Pretty much mate, the Tamiflu can be taken if its needed although the side effects make you feel worse..... but the effects on the virus outweigh this.

You can take Ibuprofen and Paracetamol together as they are different types of painkillers bud :) Just taking plenty of fluids to keep you hydrated and energy up.

DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN TAKE IT ! Also check other medicines your taking with either pharmacist or NHS direct

Back