Snes vs Genesis

billy_boy786

Inactive User
Reaction score
which emulator is better. im not asking which console is better for me im asking your personal oppinion.

i would hav to go 4 genesis solely based on how smoothly street fighter 2 plays on it

snes because it has street fighter 2 PLUS mario kart ;)

and i think your best off with a mame emulator for street fighter 2

zsnes for me cant beat Mario Kart or Zelda also Fusion is the best 4 genesis

ZSNES for the Super Nintendo and Gens for the Mega Drive. I have the full rom sets for these as for mame. Quality!! SF2 if far better on mame.........

I had both i say SNES was good from the go because of Donkey Kong Country. But then Sonic when i was about 8 Christmas morning 6AM rocked.

Memories. Thanks guys

Yeah I must say that both consoles were good, as for the best one personally im with the snes, because even though megadrive had sonic and streets of rage etc snes had mario all stars and mario kart aswell as donkey kong country games.

As for the emulators and which is the best well for me for the snes i go with snes9x every time for the simple sole reason that i hate the zsnes interface because it just seems so horrible at least snes9x interface is simple and effective as its basically a regular normal windows click n point.

As for megadrive its out of Gens or Fusion...not sure which is better, as a mega drive emu Gens is prob better as you have more options to play around with (such as graphic filters, sound etc) but need bios files to set it up, Fusion on the other hand is much easier to set up as you dont need the bios files and it also emulates the Sega CD and the Master System aswell as the old handheld classic the Game Gear but you dont (or i dont anyway) seem to get many options as pertains to the graphic filters, so there you have it :)

i use snes9x. It been a good solid prog for me. Never had a prob with it.

Both SNES and Megadrive emus are great but the SNES is a far better machine IMO.

Each have their own unique games megadrive = streets of rage, sonic, golden axe, altered beast, outrun, shinobi, alex kidd, wonderboy etc.
Snes = mario, mario kart, etc...Hardware wise the snes was better specced I prefer the sega oem games though.

Come on its Genesis, Streets Of Rage serie's, Slaughter sports a.k.a FAT MAN mondus fight palace, shinning force series.

Back