SmartDNS Geoblocking

Chunkey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is anybody else having problems with geoblocking using SmartDNs and Aljazeera tonight ?

Cheers

Chunkey

Is anybody else having problems with geoblocking using SmartDNs and Aljazeera tonight ?

Cheers

Chunkey

Yeah, i'm getting the same issue. My Netflix is working again now though.

I've logged a sup ticket with overplay and they're saying: "Thank you for contacting OverPlay.net

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately, Al Jazeera Sports is currently not working with SmartDNS.

We're investigating into it from our end.

However, we do not have an ETA on it.

We really do appreciate your patience and co-operation."

Cheers for the info, I had the same problem last weekend but managed to watch through Chrome and Hola, when I tried that stup again tonight I was also getting geoblocked with that method. Lets hope they resolve it for this weekend. Are you aware of any other way to connect to Aljazerra if SmartDNS or Hola do not work ?

Cheers

Chunkey

had this problem at the weekend
the reply i had from overplay was the same as yours smartdns no longer works with aljazzera
however hol unblocker was working eith the script however it is not tonight you log in but then you get geo blocked
and the same as the weekend a genuine egyption vpn using witopia gets geoblocked video will not play states geoblocked on the fta 1 and 2 channels
so they must have beefed something up there end as on another forum the iptv servers have also been having problems with aljazeera do not know if they use a stream service or from a card
but at the moment its a no go

Second reply from Overplay: "we are facing some technical issues with Al Jazeera Sport website and SmartDNS service at the moment.

Our Level 2 team is investigating alternatives for rerouting around the problems at present.

Unfortunately, I don't have any ETA on when it will be available, we’re hoping to have it back up and running at the earliest.

We really do appreciate your patience and co-operation.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance."
===
Strange that a genuine VPN doesn't work either, you'd have to route all your internet traffic via the VPN all 192.x.x.x traffic too...which is gunna be impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a good thread going here with regards to the Overplay issue:
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Admin for you info (i can't use edit function):
Posting Permissions

• You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Last edited by a moderator:
heres a cut and paste of the email i received from aj sports after i could not log in last night and was being geoblocked when using smartdns on saturday after logging in and geo blocked with a vpn and eventually got going with hola unblocker .
i had emails from them before regards to logging in problems as according to them there was lots of attempted log ins on account .allthough i only use for 3pm sat game watching my team and only time had used more than once t a time was when first got account and tryingto get android app to work and could not
does make me wonder with all these folks selling log in details now for the likes of netflix etc if aj sports has been hacked and log in details been sold on and they have beefed up security ,or because of the smartdns problem and they saw uk ip or hola unblocker but i do not why i can not get through with a vpn from witopia that gives an ip from there

anyway heres copy of email

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

You have seen a logins exceeded message displayed on the website when trying to login. As part of our increased security for the service we rolled out the phase to ensure nobody shares your logins details as we have mentioned before check you log out of your account before trying to log in again on another device or the same device.

We believe that there may have been some questionable activity on your account which means that you have seen this message.

To reset your account we need you to provide us with some further information

1- What is your geographic location?

2- What is your IP address? Go to What Is My IP Address? Lookup IP, Hide IP, Change IP, Trace IP and more... and send a screen shot of this.

3- What is the town and zip code or post code on the credit card, debit card or PayPal account used to pay for our service?

4- Can you please give me a telephone number which I can call you on to follow up with?

5- Are you using any VPN system?

For any further information about our terms of usage please refer to our Terms & Conditions which you accepted when you subscribed to the service - Al Jazeera Sport - Help.

Best Regards

as you can see no real way of doing those stages so looks like i have lost my sub
and others take note if you can get back onto site and get running again change your password or details just incase your log in details have been got and ready to be sold

I'm quite lucky in that regard, my brother lives over in Doha, Qatar so i could get him to reset my password if ever i had that problem. My account has locked out this week, however that was down to me flicking between wireless/wired connection continuously. It's worth pointing out that because he's an expat, his card details are from a UK bank so that won't affect you. You can always connect to a VPN and use that IP, although i guess that's on their "blacklist" which is why you can't access it.

The Terms & Conditions make no reference to location, the use of a VPN or any other device. For all they know you could be an expat of Egypt etc..

i had my aljeerer account stolen and before this happend the guy from aj had reset my pass for me now week later someone elses email was reg to my aj acount i think guys from aj selling accounts

So I previously used overplay to login to Al Jazeera sport and when that wouldnt work before the LFC vs Southampton game I installed Hola unblocker.

Now I can't login due to "login attempts exceeded"

How can I stop my subscription from being renewed automatically and my card being charged if I can't login?!

Just tried and got geoblocked with SmartDNS enabled through overplay.

This truly sucks!

at the moment you can forget about aj.s until this gets sorted as stated forget hola its been sussed and you will not get through same for smart dns overplay vpn witopia vpn uno dns and the list goes on as they blacklist the ip from the vpn server
you can imagine evry matchday hundreds logging in through a vpn say over play and they all rejister the same ip witopia the same and all the vpns being used .
now look at it from a company i had live chat with witopia advisor stating this and was anything been done or could they sujest anything and was told nothing they could as this can happen when trying to use a service that restricts acess and they had no intention of installing another server in egypt or isreal as there is a lot of cost involved and within a couple of weeks the same would happen again
so its cat and mouse and i can only asume that overplay may be trying to set up another server
i cancelled smartdns i was using this for streaming as with witopia vpn was painfull but when tried to use witopia geoblocked
and martin.uk i will send you a pm as there is a joker on a cs site selling aljazeera log ins and do not want to say site in open forum
and famasfilms if you can get to the site use the contact us button at the bottom as you are logged and state this also mention you want to cancel subscription they should send you an email and open your account fingers crossed and then log in go to your details and cancel your rolling sub

What are the chances of getting any sort of refund from Al Jazeera? I suspect none. What about the credit card company?

Bitterly disappointed. Always wanted a reliable way to get to watch my team with English commentary. That the picture quality was so good and the return of Keys and Gray was too good to be true.

I really don't understand why the Premier League are doing this. There is clearly a market for showing all games so why don't they supply it to us locals, instead of giving every Tom, Dick and Harish the choice. The Spanish/Germans/French and Italians seem to manage ok at showing their games domestically.

What are the chances of getting any sort of refund from Al Jazeera? I suspect none. What about the credit card company?

Bitterly disappointed. Always wanted a reliable way to get to watch my team with English commentary. That the picture quality was so good and the return of Keys and Gray was too good to be true.

I really don't understand why the Premier League are doing this. There is clearly a market for showing all games so why don't they supply it to us locals, instead of giving every Tom, Dick and Harish the choice. The Spanish/Germans/French and Italians seem to manage ok at showing their games domestically.

I just wanted to mention that for Spanish league is the same shit.

Lot of users from the most popular forum in Spain tried to do the same and they finally stop trying because it was really hard to find working proxies/vpn for more than two weeks.
Another big problem was that so many people had a subscription that it was impossible to watch a Real Madrid or Barcelona game without tons of problems

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

I just wanted to mention that for Spanish league is the same shit.

Lot of users from the most popular forum in Spain tried to do the same and they finally stop trying because it was really hard to find working proxies/vpn for more than two weeks.
Another big problem was that so many people had a subscription that it was impossible to watch a Real Madrid or Barcelona game without tons of problems

Not sure what you are driving at here. If Spanish fans want to watch Barcelona etc then they have the option to use their domestic service. In the UK our choice is Sky + BT for half the games at five or six times the price. Not sure what their domestic service costs but at least they can watch every game. Anyway, unlike people in the UK they are well within reach of Nilesat so would simply need a viewing card.

If Spanish users want to watch Barcelona or Real Madrid they have to pay around 40 euros every month to Canal+.
You said that you don't understand why the Premier league is doing this and I replied trying to let you know that that kind of things are being done everywhere not only here in UK.

I agree that it's crazy that users from middle East can see all the games from La Liga, Premier League, some Calcio games, Champions League and some other sports for much less money that what we have to pay to watch our own league. So while this kind of things happens I will try to watch sports through those cheap Arab services instead of the robbery services we have here in Europe

If Spanish users want to watch Barcelona or Real Madrid they have to pay around 40 euros every month to Canal+.
You said that you don't understand why the Premier league is doing this and I replied trying to let you know that that kind of things are being done everywhere not only here in UK.

I agree that it's crazy that users from middle East can see all the games from La Liga, Premier League, some Calcio games, Champions League and some other sports for much less money that what we have to pay to watch our own league. So while this kind of things happens I will try to watch sports through those cheap Arab services instead of the robbery services we have here in Europe

I doubt whether this block has anything to do with La Liga. Nominally this may have come from the Premier League but the urgency for it will have come from Sky. They are the ones that paid over the odds for the rights and potentially could see most of their customer base being lost to AJ if they didn't do anything about it.

Of course it is OK for them to use Indian call centres to save them money, but we as consumers cannot use cheaper TV companies to save ourselves money.

As I pointed out before, anyone in Spain could use a far smaller dish than us in the UK to pick up AJ so the block should have no impact. If you are UK based then you are knackered like the rest of us.

i was under the impression that AJS paid a hell lot of money for the rights in MENA.

anyway in case you haven't noticed smartsDNS is back working today- not sure how long for though

I doubt whether this block has anything to do with La Liga. Nominally this may have come from the Premier League but the urgency for it will have come from Sky. They are the ones that paid over the odds for the rights and potentially could see most of their customer base being lost to AJ if they didn't do anything about it.

Of course it is OK for them to use Indian call centres to save them money, but we as consumers cannot use cheaper TV companies to save ourselves money.

As I pointed out before, anyone in Spain could use a far smaller dish than us in the UK to pick up AJ so the block should have no impact. If you are UK based then you are knackered like the rest of us.

I am not saying that this block has anything to do with La LigaI, but I don't think it has anything to do with EPL neither.
What I think is that every time they see lor of simultaneous logins from the same ip addresses they just blacklist it.

Believe me, on past season there was much much more people trying to watch la liga on ajs website than people who is trying to watch epl on ajs website now. Once most of the people give up trying to watch it with smartdns or vpn (if that ever happens) you won't see the geoblocking anymore because it won't make sound any alerts ajs.

i was under the impression that AJS paid a hell lot of money for the rights in MENA.

anyway in case you haven't noticed smartsDNS is back working today- not sure how long for though
Still not working for me.... Sitll geoblocked :(

Back